SC: Light's Past

(A/N: This is an all convo chap between Cal and Cesia. Make sure to play the music! It's one of my faves. Xx. )

Cal - Cesia POV

"We were young when we met. She was staying at their mansion in the province together with her twin, Sebastian and their maids."

"Eh si Apollo?"

"He would only visit once every two months. He usually took Art to travel and visit places. While her twin, who has the ability to foretell the future, prefers to stay inside their home."

"Kagaya nung Garden of Hesperides?"

"Yes. She has gone to many places."

"Okay okay.. back to story."

"Like what I said, they lived in a remote area where no one can find them. Meanwhile, my brother, Hector and I lived in the underworld. Everytime Persephone goes out to see Demeter, we would come along and visit the mortal realms too."

"Hector... umm.."

"Cairo. My name was Cairo."

"Okay sige."

"Hades was one hell of a father. He spoils us with riches and a lot of things... You might think that we lived with luxury but I tell you, it was not. The acidic air... the cries you hear from the damned souls... the painful cries begging you to help them. Hades' palace is nothing but ugly... and uncomfortable. That's why we tend to live in the mortal realm more often than the underworld."

"Hmmm... di na ako magtataka jan."

"That's when we met Artemia... we were playing and the soccer ball went to their garden. She found it... and then later on... found us."

"Nandun ba si Sebastian?"

"We haven't met her twin yet. So we played with her for several days... weeks... we actually grew closer together... until a month later, Sebastian had a vision so he decided to meet us. He stepped in and warned us to never visit her sister again... or else.. he would.... kill us."

"Wala ba talaga kayong alam na anak sila ni Apollo?"

"We did. After he threatened us, we went back to the Underworld. From there, we would see Artemia playing on her own. She was sweet and happy. She was Light. Unlike us... we were made of darkness. We were cruel. A year passed and I forgot about her.... but my brother didn't. He was actually obsessed with her. He would watch her day and night. I didn't even knew until the day he told Hades about her."

"What."

"Yea. Hector asked Hades if he could marry Artemia. And Hades, being the father he is, agreed. He found out and told us that she was a demigod too. A daughter of Apollo, particularly. But he said he didn't mind. He would claim anything if that is what Hector wanted so he made a promise. That he will let Hector marry Artemia regardless Artemia's decision."

"Pipilitin niyang ipakasal si Art sa kapatid mo kahit ayaw niya? What the fudge."

"Why does it surprise you? Haven't you heard of Hades' and Persephone's complicated love story?"

"Hmm.. tama nga..."

"We were given a month to visit Artemia so we did. I accompanied my brother in his plan... We met... they were happy. I was not. I was afraid for Artemia that she might end up like Persephone. Every day would pass... and she would just... it's.. I don't know.."

"..."

"I didn't want to lose that vibrant girl. I didn't want to let my father snatch her beautiful soul... I didn't want her to marry my brother but I couldn't do anything."

"Alam kong may nagawa ka..."

"I did tell his twin about how Hector would secretly sneak into their house and lure Artemia to go out.... Sebastian then banned Artemia from leaving their home. He grounded her. It was for the better. But Artemia loved her twin so much so she just went with the flow. She accepted her punishment."

"Eh ikaw?"

"Not me. Hector. This is the part where we returned to the Underworld and he was so mad he went crazy. Hector was a spoiled brat. He would just run around the castle and throw things... he even pushed a lost soul in the Tartarus. It was the first time he didn't get what he wanted."

"oh shoot..."

"Whenever someone tries to ask what they could do to make him stop, he would just scream her name."

"iba rin yung kapatid mo ah.."

"He was more like my father, really. Hades heard about this so he did what could be done. He sent the two of us to kidnap Artemia together with two servants from the underworld."

"I warned Sebastian about this. But he already knew. The day we met, he already saw what would happen to Artemia so we improvised a plan. I will distract my brother while they make an escape.... it didn't happen though. Hector found out about it and called me a traitor. Hector tried to kidnap Artemia all by himself. But before they went through the portal, Sebastian managed to kill my brother."

"A-ano?"

"You heard me right. Her twin killed my brother... Hades heard about this and it turned worse. He sent his minions to bring us back to the Underworld where the twins were held prisoners for a week. He then made a decision. He decided that in order to honor his promise with my brother, he would let me marry Artemia. As long as a son of his will marry this daughter of Apollo."

"I'm so sorry.. akala ko ano yung kasal niyo... hindi ko alam na ganyan pala..."

"After the ceremony, I looked at her. She smiled at me.... and it was the most painful thing I have ever felt."

"I'm sorry Cal..."

"It was the first time I felt something too. We were married but I was sleeping in a huge bedroom and she was stuck in a prison. I couldn't sleep. Every night I would visit her and then she would wipe away her tears and face me as if I couldn't see past through those eyes- wait are you crying?"

"H-ha? D-di kaya... ano lang... a-ano bang nangyari? Paano kayo nakalabas?"

"I thought she already cried hard enough..... So I tricked a guard one night and helped Sebastian get out of prison... It sent an alarm and triggered the whole palace. The guards reported what happened.. and Hades ordered his minions to kill us... that included me, his son. We looked like we got out of a blood bath when we finally rescued Art."

"Halos lahat ng guards nakalaban nyo?"

"Yes.... We were still in prison when we got cornered. I had no choice but to summon a portal using my own blood. It wasn't enough for the three of us so I asked them to go. Yet Sebastian knew that they will lose memory of everything once they escape the underworld. It was a dangerous way to go through a man-made portal. With the little amount of time left, Sebastian begged me to escape with Art. He said he cannot guide Art if ever they escape since he will lose his memories too. He might not be able to recognize his own twin."

"Si Sebastian..."

"He chose to stay... and I had to carry her while she was crying..."

"Oh Gods..."

"I am the only one who remembers and do you know how it feels Cesia?"

"Cal...."

"When the girl I risked my life for... is trying to avoid me."