05.

Three weeks later....

Luke sat in bed alone, again. Kayla went out to get 'air' after the two had yet another argument. As expected, they were fighting about how Luke was never around. Peter had Luke working crazy hours due to Lani wanting to get her single, 'CRZY' out. He wanted it out by the end of the week so with that Luke, Lila and Lani worked early mornings and long nights to get the song perfect. As usual, it put a strain on Luke and Kayla's relationship that he couldn't control. He couldn't help but be mad at himself for getting into a relationship while he was busy trying to get his career started. Him and Kayla were high school sweethearts and he loved her deeply, but he just doesn't know what to do anymore.

Tired of drowning in his thoughts, Luke hopped up from the bed and got dressed. He grabbed his keys and headed out to go to the studio. The only way to get out of his slump is for him to sing. He thought of it as a getaway and after awhile, it made him feel good. He got in his car and stopped at Dunkin' Donuts to get a dozen glazed donuts and a coffee then headed to the studio.

Sasha yawned as she filed papers for Lydia. She was supposed to home, in bed, sleeping but Lydia insisted that those filed were prepped for their meeting with Peter tomorrow morning.

"Maybe some coffee will help me stay awake." Sasha mumbled to herself. She pushed her body away from her desk and stood up to stretch. She walked over to the coffee machine that was by Lydia's desk. Sasha frowned when she noticed the canister that was used to hold coffee is empty. She opened the cabinet beneath and saw no coffee of any sort. Sasha huffed and leaned on Lydia's desk.

The break room should have coffee. She thought to herself and scurried out of the room to go to the break room.

The walk to the break room wasn't long. Unfortunately, the break room on the floor she was on was locked. Sasha huffed in annoyance and mumbled curse words under her breath. Sasha pulled out her phone and went to her photos where a picture of the building layout was. Lydia insisted that Sasha took a picture of it so for times like this, she wouldn't be lost. She scanned the picture and noticed that there was another break room on the hall where all the main studios were located. Sasha began to walk to the elevators since the studios were on the third floor.

I'm a man of simple knowledge
She's a woman that's prone to violence
It used to be something beautiful
Red flags, regardless
And love used to be a vehicle
But now there's too much mileage
So please forgive me
Cause I never meant to hurt you daughter
But on the real, hey she
She's using everything you taught her

Luke sung into the mic. The lyrics truly came from within. What he sung is what he felt about him and Kayla's relationship. He didn't want them to break up, but it felt like that's what it was coming to. He could only blame himself for what has come of them.

Sasha successfully got her coffee and was going back to the elevator to return to her main task until she heard thumping from one of the studios. She scrunched up her face in confusion. No one was supposed to be on this floor until later on. She found her feet walking her to the studio doors. She knew this could end in only two ways: she gets attacked for catching the trespasser or she will find nothing but the janitor cleaning.

And this lyric is a miracle
And a blessing, and a problem
This lyric is a miracle
And a blessing, and a problem

Sasha opened the door to where the thumping was coming from. Luke was too deep in the music to notice someone coming into the room. Sasha crept inside and surveyed the room. She looked up and saw Luke in the booth. She sighed in relief, seeing a familiar face.

And all I'm trying say is we got options
Baby, all I'm saying is we got options
Red or green? So what's it gonna be?
Cause I never been a fan of running
Let's fight the pain, and baby we'll see
But you could never see the future coming
So girl, I'm just thinking about our options
Girl, I'm just thinking about our options
Hold up

Sasha became mesmerized as she heard him sing. She began to mentally examine his lyrics. She knew he was hurting, and couldn't help the feeling of wanting to help. Sasha walked over to the controls and sat at one of the chairs. His voice calmed her. It was soothing, but it also held meaning.

So far gone, I'm barely breathing
She's holding on, guess she's got her reasons
It really hurts to see what we've become
And that's why I'm leaving
Betrayed all the good we've ever done in one single evening
So please forgive me
Cause I'd never wanna hurt my daughter
But all the real ache, you
You hurt me more than I ever thought you could

The music began to fade out, signaling to Luke that his beat was done. He opened his eyes and they were met with another pair, staring at him in what seemed like, awe. Luke took off his headphones and hung them on the rack that was in front of him. He hopped off the stool he was on and walked to the booth door. Sasha snapped out of her thoughts and straightened herself out. Luke walked out the booth and stood tall in front of Sasha. The height difference between the two wasn't too bad, but she still had to look up to see his face. 

"So." Luke started. "What'd you think?" 

This chapter was extremely boring but now, I think it'll get more exciting. 

Comment, Vote and Share if you'd like.

Tamara.