016.

Luke trudged up his apartment steps after Sasha dropped him off at home. It was rather late in the day and they had spent the whole day together, taking a break from reality. Luke sighed as he reached his door. He put his key in the hole and turned it, slowly opening the door. He walked inside, hearing the sweet sound of silence. Luke mentally praised God. He couldn't face Kayla right now. Luke trudged to the back of their home where the bedroom was where Kayla slept. He sighed. He walked inside the room and took off his shoes and clothes. He gently laid down beside Kayla and closed his eyes. 

He knew what he did was wrong but, it felt right then. It felt right now. He felt bad looking at Kayla's face, it held innocence while she slept. He knew what she went through in the past and he promised her he wouldn't be her exes. But, he failed  her. Luke sighed, apparently too loud because it caused Kayla to turn. Her eyes were soon open and she was face to face with Luke. 

Kayla sat up and looked at her phone. She looked at him and scoffed. 

"Where have you been? I haven't talked to you since yesterday." 

"I just needed a break."

"That's not answering my question." Luke rolled his eyes. 

"I went to the studio. Then, a bar. I got drunk so I called Edward to pick me up and I spent the night at his place. I'm just now leaving there." He partially lied. He couldn't tell her the truth, not yet anyway. 

"Hm. So, if I call Edward, he'll know what I'm talkin about?" She questioned and Luke nodded. She side eyed him before calling Edward. Luke kept his cool on the outside but on the inside he was sweating bullets. He knew Edward could be slow sometimes and he may fuck everything up. 

As the phone rang, Luke tried to distract himself by turning on their TV, to make it seem like he was telling the truth. 

"Kunta! Such a surprise to hear from you." Kayla rolled her eyes. 

"Hello Edward. I was calling because Luke is just now coming home. He claims to have gotten drunk and spent the night and day at your place. Is that true?" Kayla's eyes burned the side of Luke's face as she said every word.

"Oh. Yeah that nigga was here." Luke mentally praised God. 

"Mhm. Thanks Edward. Goodbye." Without letting Edward say goodbye, she hung up. Luke looked at her now, giving her the 'I told you' face. Kayla sighed. 

"I'm sorry for not trusting you, Lucas. It's just this has happened before." 

"With your exes, you told me." Luke cut her off causing her to frown. She crawled over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck, softly kissing him. 

"What do I have to do to make you forgive me?" She removed one arm and allowed her hand to travel to the crotch of his pants. Luke gave a sly smile. He didn't necessarily have the energy to fuck Kayla, but he will surely get some head. 

Luke leaned back in bed with his hands behind his head. 

"Do what you gotta do." 

.................................................................................................

Next Morning. 

Luke messed with the dials on the sound board, preparing for Lani to lay down another track. Her single, 'CRZY', released a couple weeks ago and it was doing great. Peter wanted her back in the booth immediately to get ready for her album. Luke was proud of her and proud of himself for finding her. He hoped that soon he will be in the position Lani was in, making music and gaining popularity by the second. A knock came from the other side of the door, taking Luke's attention. 

"Come in." He said turning his swivel chair back around to the sound board. The door opened and someone walked in. 

"Fuck you doing, nigga?" Luke recognized the voice and that it belonged to his best friend, Edward. Luke smiled and turned around coming face to face with his buddy. 

"Working, nigga. What are you doing here?" Edward sat down in the chair next to Luke's. 

"Well, I'm just trying to see if this is where you really were yesterday." Edward smirked. Luke chuckled. 

"To answer your question, I was here. For like twenty minutes." 

"Uh huh. So, where were you for the rest of the night?" Luke sighed. 

"Well, I did go to the bar. Sasha was there." Edward started smiling. "And she was on a date, who was also on a date of his own." 

"Wow. That nigga bout dumb as fuck. Has he not seen how bad Sasha is?" Luke shrugged. 

"Anyway, she was down in the dumps about it so I decided to be a friend and make her feel better. We got drunk and smoked some weed and kicked it at her place." Edward stared at his friend. 

"What?" 

"You fucked her didn't you?" Edward asked causing Luke to laugh and nod. Edward got out his chair, jumping all around. "Yo!" Edward slapped Luke's shoulder hard. "I didn't think you had it in you." Edward sat down in the chair. 

"Well, she came on to me. The rest is history." 

"Is she a freak?" Luke scrunched up his face. 

"Why you need to know?" 

"Because it's a scientific fact that the quiet ones are always the freakiest. So, answer the question." Luke sighed before smirking. 

"Yeah, she is." Edward started clapping and laughing. 

"I knew it! Bro, now is the time to drop Kunta and get with my good sis." Luke sighed. 

"What happened last night was a mistake. We both agreed we weren't going to do it again and remain friends." Edward sucked his teeth. 

"So, that's it? Y'all done fucked and this is how it ends? Fraudulent." Luke sighed again. 

"It's for the best. Kayla and I got our problems but hopefully we can work it out." Edward shrugged his shoulders. 

"Your loss. Anyways, I'm hungry so I'm bout to dip." Edward stood up causing Luke to do the same. They dapped each other before Edward left the room. Luke sat back down in the chair, fiddling with the dials. He couldn't deny that he did want something to happen again between him and Sasha, but it was better that they were friends. 

"Just friends." Luke mumbled. 

YERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I'm so sorry for the delay. I've been lazy and I haven't had the inspiration to write. 

This book has 2.5K+ reads. Thank you so much. 

School for me starts tomorrow so, slow updates from here on out. 

It's my senior year though so I'm not too mad. 

Share, Comment, Vote please and thank you. 

Tamara.

SN: follow me on instagram @/lukescandygirl