two

Elizabeth didn't want to be here, stuck between a door and her sister, trying her hardest to make sure her skin didn't touch any surface.

She was tense, so incredibly tense  it made her muscles ache and her teeth hurt from keeping her jaw clenched.

Elizabeth wanted to be at home, or rather the attic, instead of sitting in this car driving to meet some cousins Elizabeth hadn't heard of.

Meeting people was another matter entirely, one Elizabeth didn't even want to to think about. When she touched someone for the first time the memory always hit her the hardest, and made her the saddest. Elizabeth definitely wasn't looking forward to meeting anyone.

Thankfully the car stopped soon enough and Elizabeth had to hold in her sigh of relief, though she nearly growled when her father had told them to stay in the car.

The dark haired girl twitched in annoyance as her sister adjusted her position to look at their mother.

"Mom, what if they don't like us?" Renesmee questioned, honey eyes wide and full of innocence.

"Don't worry, they'll love you. Both of you." Jacob murmured, looking lovingly at Renesmee who was blissfully unaware of it. Elizabeth smiled internally, knowing the way he felt about her through his memories.

Elizabeth watched as Jacob opened the door with little interest, though her body did shy away from him when he attempted to help her get out of the car. When she heard a gasp however, the dark haired girl looked up to see five vampires, four women, and one male, all watching her and her sister.

When one of the three blonde women attacked her father, and her mother rushed to protect him Elizabeth could only watch. The blue eyed girl was careful to keep her distance from her to companions, even more so when the three began to walk towards the strangers.

Renesmee was the one to greet them, using her gift to show the curly haired woman what she assumed was the twins past.

"It's true." The woman gasped as Renesmee pulled her hand away.

The only dark haired woman turned to look at Elizabeth with a kind smile.

"Hello little one, I'm Carmen." The lady, Carmen greeted warmly, reaching out to touch the girl, though she stopped when the blue eyed girl flinched and stepped away.

"This is Elizabeth, she hasn't quite figured out how to talk yet, and isn't much for human contact." Bella explained as she stepped slightly in front of Elizabeth, her motherly instincts taking over.

Carmen nodded understandably, and turned to talk to Renesmee while Elizabeth sighed inaudibly. Turning the brunette moved to go touch the snow, looking for comfort in its cold.

Elizabeth sat for a very long time in the snow before being called back to the car.

If this was her future, Elizabeth figured she'd be less than excited.