six

Alistair stood stuck to the floor, looking at the spot she had previously been, her scent caught in his nose and making it impossible to think of anything else.

After several moments he remembered what he was doing and shook his head, trying to rid himself of her scent and his thoughts.

He decided then, that he had to get out of this room, away from her scent, and decided to go downstairs. Walking down the stairs Alistair listened to the conversation, quickly finding interest in it when he heard the others of his species were talking about her, the girl.

"Carlisle the other child, why doesn't she talk." A heavily Irish accent spoke.

"Elizabeth, we don't know why she can't talk. As far as I can tell their is no physical reason why she cannot, and Edward is unable to read her mind. We think she has some sort of shield, only hers protects her mind from being touched in any way. Jasper could not manipulate her emotions as he could with Bella." Carlisle explained, and Alistair immediately became interested.

He wanted to tell them that she had just talked to him not thirty minutes ago, but he ultimately decided against it. Instead he simply sighed to himself and turned, deciding to go find the the strange girl for no other reason than pure curiosity.

Elizabeth had decided to come out of the woods after spending a good half hour trying to reassure herself that everything would be fine

As she moved into the house, purposefully shutting the door as quietly as possible, in the hopes that no one would notice she had just come in. Sadly her efforts were in vein, seeing as the second she closed the door her mother was standing behind her.

"Elizabeth where have you been? I've been worried about you!" Her mother scolded, and Elizabeth simply looked down, biting her lip nervously.

The older vampire sighed as she looked at her daughter before speaking again. "Listen Elizabeth, I know that things haven't been easy. With the arrival of all the guests, and the coming of the Volturi, but I just need you to speak for me Elizabeth. Please." Bella asked, her voice sounding desperate and raspy, as though she wanted to cry, but it was impossible too.

Elizabeth just kept looking down, refusing to meet her mothers gaze, refusing to speak. She couldn't speak, and yet somehow she did.

"Elizabeth please." Bella reached out then, and before the girl could pull away, she was already seeing the vision. She saw her mother alone in the forest, she felt all the sadness. The depression washed over her in waves and it made Elizabeth pull away quickly.

Looking at her mother than, unable to get the calls for her father out of her head, Elizabeth did the thing she was best at.

She ran. The girl didn't stop running. Hearing her mothers disappointed tone, and feeling the aftershock of touching someone, it was all to much.

Of course it had to be in that moment that Elizabeth ran, quite literally, into someone.

When she looked up, all Elizabeth could do was gasp as his scent enveloped her.

God. Elizabeth thought. You just can't give me a day of.

AUTHORS NOTE

hey guys ! Recently I've decided to make a Q&A video, which is basically just a video where I answer any questions you guys have for me. Whether that be personal questions, questions about my books, or oc's, other books / fandoms, my opinion on things, advice, or literally anything else ! I'm a very open person so please don't be shy to ask anything!

please comment your questions either on this chapter, or on my message board !