four

Alistair hated people. He had never been particularly fond of them in his human life, and that was most definitely magnified when he turned immortal.

He was truly not even sure what he was doing here. No one could best the Volturi, so if it came to a fight, he would surely be leaving.

Curiosity. That was what he was doing here. He couldn't deny to himself that he was interested in seeing whether or not Carlisle was telling the truth. Alistair didn't truly believe his old friend would lie, though in this day and age, anything could happen.

Carlisle had told him their were two of them, twins that had been conceived by a human who was mates with a vampire. He had said that one twin, Renesmee, had the ability to show her memories. Carlisle didn't say much about the other twin, only making Alistair more curious about her.

The man would admit that the house they stayed in was nice, and the surrounding area as well, though he didn't stick around much to see it.

Instead he simply told Carlisle he'd be in the attic and jumped.

The room was a nice size, comfortable for Alistair to stay in. It wasn't the room however, that drew Alistair in. It was the scent the room was caked in. It was as though it were the only thing he could breathe.

The scent was a mix between pure vanilla and something flowery. Though it held an undertone of something the male vampire could quite place, but it was simply heavenly.

Carefully Alistair peeled of his jacket and placed it haphazardly on the chair it had previously been in before going to look out the window in the rooms corner.

Alistair stood, still as a statue, for many minutes before he heard someone approach, though they had already opened the door by the time he turned around and was enveloped by their scent, the same scent that engulfed the room.

She was small, just a child, and yet she seemed so mature. She wasn't paying him any mind, instead focusing on his jacket. The girl reached out and touched it, eyes momentarily widening as she pulled her hand away not a second later.

The action caused Alistair to snap out the his trance and speak.

"What do you think your doing girl?" Alistair questioned, making the girl jump as she twirled around to face him. As she moved her scent spread even more and Alistair was shocked.

The scent, the undertone he didn't recognize before, it was blood.

She was human, or at least partially, Carlisle wasn't lying. Alistair was so busy caught up in this revelation he hadn't realized she had moved closer until he felt her hand touch his forearm.

She was warm, it was a sensation Alistair wasn't used to, her he didn't pull away, instead letting her be the one to move backwards, eyes widened.

"What happened to you?" The girl rasped in confusion.

After saying this she looked at him in shock, as though she couldn't believe what she had just said before turning and bolting out of the room before another word could be said.