ten

Elizabeth watched as her mother attempted to practice her gift with Kate. The girl had been sitting in a tree, not far away from Alistair, yet not close enough to make anyone think she was doing it on purpose. She had come to the conclusion that letting people know of her friendship would be a problem for many reasons. First, people would obviously be confused as to how they could communicate, and Elizabeth truly didn't want to let others know that she wasn't exactly mute anymore. Secondly, her parents would most likely freak if they knew she talked to a human drinker.

Elizabeth didn't mind it though. She had come to be comfortable with Alistairs eyes and his choice of meal. It made sense to the young girl, why vampires would drink from humans. From what she had seen on the news, humanity didn't seem the most pleasant of commodities.

"Elizabeth would you like to try?" The brunettes eyes snapped out of its daydreams and widened as they met Kate's golden ones.

"Kate no, Elizabeth is different." Her mothers voice was firm, unyielding as her crimson eyes narrowed on her blonde cousin.

"Well she seems to have a shield, the fact that she doesn't talk does not change her gift." Kate replied defiantly, perfect eyebrow raising as she stared at the newborn who growled at her.

"I said no." Bella snapped, feeling protective over her daughter. Kate shrugged then and casually walked off, sufficiently ending the practice session.

While Elizabeth was busy watching Kate walk away she didn't notice her mother coming over to her until it was to late. Memories flashed through her brain.

Edward leaving. Lying in the woods. A wolf finding you. Days spent in your room. Empty lunch table. Nightmares.

Elizabeth jumped away faster than she thought she could. Landing on the ground several feet away from everyone. She didn't look at the sadness on her mothers face. Didn't look at the confusion on the witnesses face. Didn't look at the curiosity on Alistair face.

All she looked at was the blurred trees as she ran into the forest, away from the emotions she could never outrun.

AUTHORS NOTE

a vvv short chapter that I just wanted to get out today & I might end up writing another but who knows.

also secondly I might have told you before but I published my first ever original work it's called venus and the wolf and I absolutely love it, is seriously appreciate it if you'd go check it out and comment what you think of it so far !!