BONUS CHAPTER ONE

quick announcement: what are your favorite Harry Potter canon & noncanon ships for major & minor characters from all eras ??
I created a new book called "the marks on their skin" which is a soulmate au and I'm going to be incorporating as many hp characters as I can! please check it out!!

Elizabeth Cullen hadn't been 'home' in nearly ten years. Ten years spent traveling, and exploring every part of the world she could get her hands on. Ten years spent in warm embraces, and passionate kisses. Ten years of slowly learning to control and manipulate the gift that had so controlled her youth. It had been a long time coming, Elizabeths arrival back home, but that didn't make the prospect of seeing her family any less daunting.

"You know we can always turn around if you want, I hear Canada looks beautiful this time of year." Alistair suggested, wrapping his arms around the petite waist of his mate, sensing her distress. The Cullen daily had been living in Alaska for the past three years, or at least thats what Renessmee had told her sister on their monthly calls.

"No, I have to go home, its Ren's wedding and I can't miss this." She said firmly, her voice strong and sure, while her mind most certainly wasn't. Honestly all she wanted to do was turn and run in the opposite direction, not stopping until she reached the ocean. it terrified her more then shed like to admit, picturing what her family might say to her.

Elizabeth wasn't the same fragile, quiet girl she had once been. Sure she still preferred the silence to conversation most of the time, but now it was due to her love of the quiet, not inability to talk, though when she did have an opinion on something, she wasn't afraid to say it. The fact that she drank mostly from humans was also a concern of the brunettes. It wasn't her control she worried over, rather her families opinions her choice of diet that scared her. She was well aware that her family frowned upon their red eyed companions, and it was inevitable that they couldn't know by now what her diet consisted of.

"You know you don't have to worry about anything, your family will love you no matter what." Her mate whispered softly into the crook of her neck, tracing his nose along her shoulder, up her neck, and behind her ear with his nose, inhaling her scent as they went. Elizabeth physically shuddered and relaxed into Alistair's hold, sighing blissfully at the feeling.

"I love you." Elizabeth murmured into the silence, and she felt, not saw Alistair smile.

"And I love you, forever." He replied, and the hybrid grinned happily, pulling away. "Race you!"

Without hesitation Elizabeth was darting of into the forest, giggling happily as Alistair growled playfully and rushed to catch up.

It was something they had come to do often, this unending game chasing. Elizabeth always ran, and Alistair always found her.

Sometimes the pair would play for months, Elizabeth running all around the globe, but he never once hadn't caught her. Be it the cause of his gift or the mate bond, but Elizabeth was always secretly elated when he finally caught her ( which may or may not include victory sex, you'll never know )

The girl was so caught up in her game she nearly forgot where they were, but the scent of wet dog certainly reminded her and the brunette instantly stopped, scrunching her nose at the horrid smell.

"Dear god has it gotten worse." Elizabeth resisted the urge to plug her nose as Alistair reached her, chuckling softly. "No my love, your senses are just more developed now."