seven

Elizabeth wanted to yelp in surprise, she wanted to run away before he could say anything. But alas, she was to caught up in his scent to pay any mind to much else.

Which is why his voice made her nearly jump out of her skin.

"So I heard you were mute." He spoke casually, leaning against a nearby oak tree and making her scowl at him.

She nodded unsurely, trying to keep the surprise and annoyance off her features, though it appears she wasn't doing well with the latter because his smirk became more prominent, making her eyebrows furrow.

"You don't seem that mute to me." Alistair stated then and Elizabeth's eyes narrowed as she looked up at him, jutting her chin out defiantly. This only seemed to further amuse the male, seeing as a soft chuckle escaped his lips making a growl of annoyance come from her.

Elizabeth huffed then, sitting down on the forest floor and staring up at the male, one eyebrow raised in an invitation. Alistair took it, and he to sat down, leaning against the tree and speaking again, this time more seriously.

"Why did you speak to me?" He asked, curiosity badly hidden in his tone. Elizabeth, who truly didn't know why she had done what she had, simply shrugged, looking away from his intense crimson gaze and instead to the trees surrounding them.

"Fine, not going to talk, I get it." Alistair conceded as he too averted his gaze from the hybrid. "And to answer your questions a lot has happened to me."

This caused the girls gaze to snap back to him, unable to keep the curiosity from invading her features as she stared at him. The hopeful look on her face made Alistair sigh.

He didn't know why he had said that, and definitely didn't know why he was about to speak again, but he couldn't help but feel as though he should tell her his past.

"I was born to a father that just wanted power and more power. My human years were spent in the 1300's and we lived a generally wealthy life. But my father was never satisfied, he wanted me to rule, so he made a deal with a vampire, my creator. This deal, I would later come to find included biting me in exchange for all the blood in my mother and sister. I however, didn't know of this. So when I awoke from my transition and in a blind rage accidentally killed my father and went back home to find my mother and sister dead. I was less than pleased. Ever since I've stayed to myself. Only coming down to feed."

Elizabeth, who had stayed perfectly still the entire time he had spoke, now could not resist the urge to touch his skin. So she succumbed to it, placing a small palm on his forearm.

She had been suspecting the intense loneliness that she had previously felt, but instead she was surrounded by something she hadn't expected. She saw images of his human family, the mother and sister he loved. The hawk he had trained from childhood. Elizabeth also saw flashes of herself, thoroughly confusing her.

"Strange." Elizabeth breathed then, not fully realizing she had even spoken the words until Alistair replied.

"What is?" He asked, looking on in confusion as her fingers daintily touched his wrist.

Elizabeth looked up in pure surprise before realizing she had spoken the word aloud instead of in her head, though she couldn't stop herself from replying to him.

"There isn't sadness anymore."

No, instead all Elizabeth felt was happiness, and neither of them had any idea what that meant.

AUTHORS NOTE

okay guys two things: first there are only five days left to vote on all for favorite twilight books in the 'twilight fanfic awards' , go check it out and nominate your favorites (this book) !!twilightcommunity-

second, I created my first original work, and I'm absolutely loving it and would seriously appreciate it if you'd check it out!!