Chapter 8

I had passed by for some smoothies for Skylar and I and made my way up the stairs to her floor. I would've taken the elevator but I hate elevators. Once I reached her floor everyone greeted me as i reached Skylar's office, knocking on her door.

"Come in, oh hey loser"
"Whats up Sky, how's my favorite boss" I handed her the smoothie. "Wow y/n/n, you brought me a drink, i knew you were my favorite" i scoffed, knowing damn well i had always been. "Yeah, yeah whateves. So what am i good for?"
Her face lit up and her smile almost reached her forehead. She ran to the seat besides me and just squealed. What a little kid.

"Are you .....okay?" I asked with a chuckle. "Y/n remember that portfolio i told you I needed from you, with all your work?" She squealed in a higher pitch, which almost left me deaf.
"Yeah, what about it?" "Well, I got you an offer with a good friend of mine at Moonlight Studios!!!!" I froze, wide-eyed. She got me in Moonlight Studios..... I'm in...You see, moonlight studios is the best of the best art business. The best of the best artist work there, its really hard to get in and work for them. It has been my dream since highschool. And heres my best friend telling me that she got me in.
"Y/n ? Y/n?! Y/n/n !" I turned to her and threw myself at her, hugging her with everything. "Thank you, thank you, thank you thank you!!!!!" I repeated, tears falling to her shirt.

"I know its your dream to work there and me, being the most astonishing, charming, funny best friend i am, wanted to make your dreams come true" she said while rubbing my back as still cried into her shirt. "Sky..I-I dont know how to thank you...You made this possible and I- thank you..." I was still in shock because she got me into Moonlight STUDIOS. I couldnt thank her enough.

"You've always wanted to be apart of the studio, whenever you'd talk about it , a smile would never leave your face, your eyes would always be as bright as can be, you'd ramble about it for hours. Besides, you help me build my little studio from scratch, y/n/n .. it took us two years and you never gave up on my dream and i guess this is a way to thank you for always being by my side and being my....sister." She hugged me even tighter and now we were both water wrecks.

I pulled away and wiped my eyes with them hem of my sleeves, "How did you get me in?? Skylar, did you blackmail someone??" She scoffed and rolled her eyes, "it was your art anyways, they could've thought it was blackmail" she smiled. I gasped dramatically and fell to the floor, "how dare you ?" "Oh get up y/n/n, we still have to talk business"she chuckled.

I leaped up and hugged her from behind once more," thank you so much sky, really i-i cant thank you enough" she leaned back on me and smiled. I let her go and we sat down. "So since you got in Moonlight Studios, you'll be moving to
California...." she weakly smiled. Oh shit, thats right. Everything sunk in, skylar...camila.Oh no, my Camila...
"Oh ...right" I returned the same small smile. "I want you to have this" she took off her necklace and gave it to me. "What?..no this is your special necklace ... your grandmother gave it to you I-I cant take it" She smiled and placed the necklace around my neck. " I know, but I want you to have it y/n/n, i know sometimes im shit but i'll always be there, maybe not physically but i'll be there, give me a call no matter the time, ill answer. You've become my sister and i-i'll miss you ..." Now she was the one crying into my shirt. We stood there for what felt eternity. My phone buzzing constantly with messages. Skylar chuckled as she pulled away, "damn your girlfriend is pretty needy, you better answer her" I blushed at the word girlfriend. "Shes not my girlfriend...." I said while looking over camila's messages for food. "Well that smile says otherwise" she smirked.
Skylar's phone starts ringing "welp duty calls, congrats on your new job loser, you better call me at least everyday ass!" I hugged her once more "thank you so much, i love you loser" she pulls away. " i love you too sappy shit, now go your girlfriend is waiting " she smirks . I yell at her while leaving her office, " SHES NOT"
And all i could hear before closing her door was "YET"

I was now at Camila's with food. Of course. I knock on the door and I hear someone running and stumbling over something with the "ow" i heard. The door opens wide to the most beautiful person in this entire world. "Y/N YOURE HERE AND YOU BROUGHT FOOD" she screamed as she hugged me and ran inside with the bag of food leaving me outside. I chuckle and  close the door behind me. Walking into the kitchen , i see no one but Mrs.Cabello.

"Good Afternoon , Mrs.Cabello" she looks up and smiles. "Good afternoon Y/n, and havent I told you to call me Sinu" she hugs me . "Will do Sinu" I smile, "What brings you here honey?" she motions for me to sit with her. "Well I came to visit Camila and bring her some food but when she opened the door she took the food and left me outside" I chuckled. " She does love food, that girl" Sinu says . "Its weird though, because sometimes they pick her up to go out to eat and she doesn't want to" she laughs. "Maybe your daughter doesnt like the person" i laugh. Sinu chuckles confusedly " her bo-"

"MAMI, WHY ARE YOU HOARDING Y/N, she came to hang out with me, come on " Mila interrupts and grabs my hand and drags me upstairs. Who was Sinu going to say? Almost sounded like she was going to say...NAH. "What were you talking about downstairs?" Mila asks me kinda....worried? "Nothing , i just said hi" i smiled still confused. "Why didnt you come to my room?" I laughed "Mila you left me outside after you ran away with the food" she laughed and suddenly i had forgotten her worried expressions. She cuddled to my chest and said in a baby voice, "sowwy i just.....really love food" I laughed . Shes so cute , why cant she be mineee. I internally whined.

In the middle of the movie, i remembered getting accepted to Moonlight Studios and i wanted to tell Mila. But then everything sunk in...Camila.

"Hey Mila" She hummed in response.
" I-I have something to tell you...." I whispered.

_________________
I updated. Sorry for taking ages but now im good to go. Ill update recently because i really like were this is going. U dont know whats coming. 🤔😏
-lexus