I Wish I'd've Stayed Home

"The cultural festival?" Haruhi asks. School was let out early and the twins and Haruhi were talking about the festival. I already knew about it. I got specific orders to stay out of it, from Father. Gathering my stuff, I put a sucker in my mouth and nod to Kotetsu, exiting the room.

"Ryu-Chan~ There you are!" A familiar buoyant voice shouts, making me groan. "Where're you going?"

"Home." I respond bitterly, "Aren't you supposed to be in the host club?"

"Aren't you supposed to be there too, Killer King?" He inquires, and I can't help but smile slightly at the nickname.

"My dad doesn't want me to be here for the whole cultural festival thing. Scared that my identity will slip out or something." I wave my hand, pushing the big oak doors and stepping outside. I take out my cigarettes and lighter, and just as I go to light it, i'm pinned to the wall of the school. I glare into Huni's chocolate orbs.

"Nuh uh uh, you don't need to be smoking around the school, silly!" He giggles, taking the nicotine stick and throwing it to the side. I glower at him, my bottom lip puckering out in a pout. "Besides, since when have you been the obedient daughter, Ryu-Chan?" Huni says quietly, his lips dangerously close to mine.

"Well, since never- Wait, what're you inquiring..?" 

"That you stay here with me and the guys!" Huni lets go of me and throws his hands in the air.

"Where's Usa-Chan?" I ask, going over and picking up the thrown cigarette. 

"Takashi is watching him for me. I told him I had to go to the restroom." 

I gasp fakely, putting the stick back in the carton. "You're lying to your cousin? Tsk tsk tsk, I wonder what would happen if he found out?" Slipping the box back into my pocket I walk back into the school. 

"He won't~ Takashi doesn't trust me around you, so I had to tell a little fib to come and see you!" 

"Mhm.. shouldn't we be getting dressed?" I ask, opening the door to Music Room 3. Huni is right, i've never been the obedient daughter... "Oh my god, what's today's theme."

"Knight in shining armor! Ah my Kosai~! I was wondering where you were!" Tamaki sings, coming over to me, dressed in armor.  All of the hosts were already dressed, besides Huni and I. But there's no Haruhi...

"Where's Haruhi?" I ask, tripping Tamaki as he comes in for a hug.

"Getting more commoner's coffee." 

"We ran out." Hikaru and Kaoru say, tipping their hats.

"Go get dressed." They both say, pushing me and Huni to the dressing rooms. We both get dressed in armor suits and when we come out Kotetsu and Tamaki were greeting these two girls.

"You think that's what a woman wants to hear?" A girl with caramel brown hair says snobbishly, sneering at Tamaki and my brother. I feel a glare set on my features as the two girls rat out Kotetsu and Tamaki.

"By protecting us, he's just disguising the fact that he's weak and unable to protect himself."

"Oh really? You have no right to come into our school as guests, and then rat out our club. If the way we run our club doesn't suit you, you're perfectly capable of leaving, as the doors are right behind you. Then again, what do snobby prissy girls like you want to hear?" I ask, stepping up to them.

"Ryuko!" Kotetsu says my name in a warning, but I shrug him off. Someone puts a hand on my shoulder as I go to take a step towards them.

"Well I never-!" The shorter one starts, but a voice cuts her off.