All Ends at Twelve

(A/N : So if you haven't noticed, i'm following along with the anime episodes. And this one.. is my version of 13 ^.^)

"Ryuko~ Get up here!" Two identical voices shout from upstairs. Sighing, I put my wash bucket away and head upstairs. My two step-brothers are such a pain.

"What." I glare at them, and they snicker, patting my head. 

"The King is throwing a ball. For three days~" Hikaru cheers.

"Apparently the Princes are looking for spouses." Kaoru smiles.

I raise an eyebrow. I always thought they were a little.. colorful? Meh, i'm not gonna judge. "This puts me.. where?"

"You're going to help them get ready." Mother Kyoya says, walking up behind her(his?) children.

I go to groan, but Kyoya's glare shuts me up. "Fine. What if I want to go to the ball?" I ask, not even wanting to go.

"If you finish all of your chores, and come up with a dress. I will consider it." She says, stalking off. I mimic her as she walks away. I don't wanna go anyway.

"Well~? C'mon Ryuko, you have to make us more refreshing than what we already are!" They pout and I sigh, pushing them into their bedroom. They dress up in their best suits, and I style their hair and add an orange and blue rose to their breast pockets. 

"Ta da." I mutter, placing the comb back on the vanity. "Happy?"

They examine themselves and nod approvingly. They kiss my cheeks before ushering me out of the room. "Thanks little sis~"

I smack both of them before going back down to the basement, or in other words, my bedroom. Once I close the door, I see Haruhi pop out of her little mouse hole. "Are you going to go?" She squeaks, and I laugh.

"Please Haruhi. I don't wanna go and dance with some Prince."

"Yes you do. I know you think about him. Oh what was his name.. Hani? Mitsu..?" She trails off, thinking.

"Mitsukuni Haninozuka. The eldest Prince, the younger one is Kotetsu." I correct her, falling onto my bed.

"See! You know you want to go. C'mon, i'll help you with your chores. What do you have to do? Mop, dust, feed the animals, and clean out the fireplace!" She hops off of my nightstand and runs to my wash bucket, sitting on the edge of it. "Get up lazy!"

"Oi, who're you callin lazy." I glare, sitting up. "Fine, i'll do my chores." Don't know what i'm gonna do about a dress..

Haruhi jumps into my pocket as I pick up the bucket and head back upstairs. I start to do my chores, beginning by mopping the marble floors. I ignore my step mother and brothers as they walk past occasionally and just focus on the task in front of me. I sing quietly to pass the time. Once I finish that task, I finger the box of cigarettes in my pocket, and I feel Haruhi smack my hand away. Rolling my eyes, I start to dust the house.

I continue to clean and complete my chores (I hated doing the fireplace), and as the day slowly grows into night, I've had to fix Hikaru and Kaoru's outfits about 5 times already. As they push me out of their bedroom for the sixth time, I almost run into Kyoya. 

"Ah, Mother." I smile (fakely) up at her. "I've completed my chores. And the horses are hooked up to the carriage, so it is ready to leave."

".. Good job. But I see you still don't have a dress." I watch as Hikaru and Kaoru walk out the main entrance. "Besides, what Prince would want a scullery maid as his bride?" She chuckles, waving me off as she leaves to go to the ball.

"Ugh the woman infuriates me." I glare at her back as the doors close.

"It's okay Ryuko, maybe we can stea-borrow one of Mother Kyoya's dresses?" Haruhi questions, popping out of my pocket. I let her sit in my hand. I walk out to the backyard, talking with her along the way.