Karuizawa Adventures

(picture above is Inukai)

Super long update as apology for not updating in over a year! I'm SO sorry!!!

Ryuko's POV
___________

I roll over in irritation as Hikaru's phone rings. 

We're three days into summer vacation, and the twins are sleeping over at our place. I was just gonna stay in my room, but Tetsu convinced me to watch movies with them and we all fell asleep together. 

"Hikaru.. Answer your phone.." Kaoru mumbles, and I hear him move around on the floor. A couple seconds later, Tetsu's phone rings too. I groan. 

"Don't you recognize that ringtone?" I mutter, already plotting murder.

"What does he want at six am? Can't he let us sleep?" Tetsu sighs, groping for his phone.

"He's probably been up since dawn." Hikaru says, grabbing his too. "Ugh it's a conference call. Yea, what?" Hikaru answers and so does Tetsu, just as my phone rings. 

Grabbing it, I answer. "Whoever had the mindset of it being a good idea to call me this early is asking for a death wish." 

"SHE'S GONE!" Tamaki screeches, causing all three of us to pull our phones away from our ears. "My beloved daughter has been kidnapped and taken for ransom! Sold to a band of gypsies! I just know it! Call the police! Kyoya get your police force out immediately!"

"Boss you're not making any sense." Hikaru says after Tamaki shuts up.

"Yea Tama-Chan, what's happened?" Mitsukuni's voice yawns over the phone. 

"Speak some sense will you?" Tetsu says, yawning too and sitting up. I crawl over to him to lay in his lap. I'm pretty sure he was cuddling with Hikaru and Kaoru last night..

"Haruhi! She's gone! I've been calling her to check up on her but no one's answered!"

"What do you mean Haruhi's gone?" Kaoru asks worriedly, answering his own phone to join in on the conversation.

"Haru-Chan's really missing?" Mitsukuni asks.

"And her family's gone bankrupt?" Mori asks, his deep voice sounding weird over call.

"It's the only explanation I can think of! I've been calling their house and Ranka's phone for the past several days! They must have been evicted and forced into slavery! We have to go and rescue them right now!"

"Can you please not be so loud?" I cringe at his continued screaming, not overly concerned about the Haruhi thing. Surely nothing bad has happened to her in the time span of three days.

"Have you tried calling her cell phone yet?" Tetsu suggests, running a hand through my hair, making me smile in content.

There's a moment of silence on the line before Tamaki freaks out again. "How on earth could Haruhi have a cell phone!? But of course.. she was given one by a secret underground network of commoners called the plebian exchange.."

"Dumbass.." I mumble quietly, rolling my eyes.

"Not to interrupt this delusion of yours Tamaki, but Haruhi is currently in Karuizawa." Kyoya finally chimes in.

"Eh? Haruhi was forced out of her home, kidnapped and sold to gypsies, and forced into slavery.. in Karuizawa?"

"Moron." Kyoya sighs and ends the call.

I do the same, along with Kaoru and Tetsu. Hikaru talks a bit longer before hanging up too. 

"Man she's gone and left us." He pouts, leaning back against Tetsu's side.