Chapter 9: Laura's choice.

Ross Pov:

She started to cry again. Maybe it wasn't the moment. I shoudn't have ask her. How could I be this stupid? She just stopped crying. But other wise. I wanted to let her know that she could tell everything to me. I won't tell. I would never hurt her. I was an other person with her by my side. I know it sounds cliché but its true.

 "Ross, I don't think I can tell it to you" she says slowly. I look away. I was afraid she was going to say something like this but it still hurt a bit.

"Why not?" I say. She looks at me for a sec and looks away fast when I cath her look. "We are so different and we just met. I mean. It's sweet you try to comfort me, but it is weird. Don't you think?"

"I'm gonna be honest with you, Laura." I say seriously. "I know it sounds weird but I have the feeling that I know you for a long time."

"But still..." she says, still staring to the floor.

Laura Pov:

I would love to say that I felt the same way, but I kept my distance. I was not gonna fall for it again, that was for sure.

It hurted but it was for the best cause I knew that he would break my heart if I would let him in. And I don't think that It could be fixed again when he did it. If I didn't let him in he couldn't hurt me, my heart wouldn't be broken again and I could live a great life. I needed to think about the future. And there would come a day that I would meet a guy who was not popular or bad and would love me and not break me. He stays by my side forever and let me forget the past. But it was too soon. And Ross was definetly not that right guy. 

Ross Pov:

"Ross, I think it's the best, that I go and you go. Both separate ways, we have nothing in comment. I don't want to make things complicated. You and Kayla are a couple and I don't want to distroy that. I mean, I never wanted to..."

Wow, I almost forgot. I have a girlfriend. But if I need to choose between them I choose Laura. I don't even know why I am with Kayla. I think it's just the way popular boys choose their friends, Pretty and popular. But on the inside mean and dark. I was so too. But maybe I am lying to myself.

"But what if, I choose to hang out with you?" I say. She looks up and it almost looks like she's going to smile but then she looks away again and says with a deep voice: "You can't choose that. We both know were you belong and that's not with my kinda people. You belong with all the populars. Bad boys & Populars, not Geeks. You know Ross, I think that's the simpelest way. I would love to see it different but this is not a movie. This is the real world, and it is never gonna change!"

She stands up and goes away. And here I am alone. How could it turn out this bad. I really looked like we could be friends but she made it clear. She don't want me to be a friend.

I suddenly felt empty, alone. She was for a secund in my life and then she left. But I was not giving up on her, yet. I was going to change her mind.