Chapter 31: Laura's history

Ross Pov:

She looked me in the eyes with those big brown eyes, which were filled with tears. "I mean you have no idea how crushed my heart was. My mom was so despaired, she didn't know what to do anymore. She used to cry every night in her sleep just because of me. She wanted to help me but couldn't. I was so sick, I didn't want to get to school anymore. I didn't come out of the house. Even my doctor didn't know what to do with me. I had to follow therapies to get over everything. But it didn't work. I was home for almost two months. And then one day it was like I woke up. My mom and dad were arguing downstairs about me. I heard everything, even though they don't know that. My dad said that it couldn't go on anymore. He wanted to-" she hesitated. "He wanted to send me to a clinic or something. But my mom didn't want that. I was standing behind the door and spied inside. My mom was crying and then suddenly my dad said: 'I'm sorry dear but we can't do something else. We tried everything. Something's can't just be healed. It's better to send her to a place were there are more kids like her. Maybe she will be honest and they can help her. Think about it. Her life is in our hands...'" Laura sobbed and I saw the pain. Man it must've hurt her to hear her dad say that. "My mom didn't want to listen. My dad died that evening. He went out for a ride. It was stormy and he couldn't see the road well. It was a big car accident. You must have seen the car it was so so damaged... I never saw a car that quashed... And it's all my fault. Do you get it now, all your problems... You can't even call it problems Ross. My dad died all my fault!!" She said crying hysterical. I felt guilty bothering her with my issues. After hearing what happened with her. I didn't knew this. Really. I felt so so so guilty and I knew now that everything I went through was so much easier. "Do you know now why I didn't want people to know! It hurts too much... You have your perfect life, perfect family and I... Everytime I look in my mom eyes I see the pain. She doesn't blaim me but she should. It's my fault we'll never be a real family anymore. I didn't want you to know because I didn't want you to see me as the broken person I am. I didn't want your love because I was afraid of the hurt... I wanted to start fresh, forget about the past. But that's impossible. It was naive of me to think that could happen!"

"I'm sorry Laura, I didn't know... I'm so stupid!! I regret everything I said."I opened my arms and wanted to hold her tight but she stopped me. "Please Ross don't... I can't... It just hurt too much..." She said and she runs away from me. It was all my fault. If I wasn't this insistent... I felt guilty for everything I said. I know it is not an excuse but if I've know I would never be this stupid. I would've been carefull with what I said. But I didn't.

I felt so stupid. Okay she lied about having a boyfriend and she lied to Raini but still did I really have to be so mad? I had lied about more, right...

I was sure I lost her forever. I understood why she didn't want us to be more than friends... After all that stupid boy did to her. She was a brave talented girl but she was still broken inside. And even I couldn't heal her.

I was fighting inside. A part of me wanted to make up with her, be her friend and try to glue the parts together as much as I could and another part of me, which was tearing me apart, said to myself that I needed to stay out of her way. It hurted to hear that from myself. I knew deep inside that I should deny one half and just stay out of her way. I mean if it's really meant to be we will find a way somehow. You can't change destiny, right?! I never should've let it come this far. I closed my eyes and Imagined that it was still this morning were everything was still alright. But I had to wake up, nothing was right. But still I needed to look forward the future. I just held my head high and decided to leave Laura alone till she came to me. Then I would open my arms and promise her to stay by her side for the rest of our lives.

I made things worse... She was just healing a bit and then this happened. I hoped she wasn't going to do stupid things. I would never ever forgive myself if she did something to herself.

Laura Pov:

I was running without any destination. I just wanted to leave. Run to some place far far away. Away from all the trouble. What did just happened?