Part 1: Madrid

Daphne loved Europe, the European countries, the European civilisation. Spain was one of her most favourite countries. She even took Spanish lessons throughout the year. She was amazed by the action of her friend.

"You're the best friend in the world." She said while dancing to the rhythm of an old song in a crowded club.
"Tell me something I don't know." Helena hugged her and moved along to the bit too.
"Why don't you sleep over so we can discuss the details?" Daphne snapped as she was hit by electricity. "Please, please."
"You had me at sleep over." Helena smiled

Daphne was so excited she couldn't wait the night to be over. As a result they left the club earlier. Daphne was daydreaming the whole time, but by the time Helena touched the bed she was already staring at her waiting for the details.

"Well...."
"Well, we're leaving on June 29th. We're staying in Madrid and I might have a surprise for you there."
"What surprise?? Tell me. You know I can't wait."
"Whoa slow down. It's a surprise."
"You shouldn't have told me then.." she fake pouted it.
"Let's just take a nap. I'm exhausted." Helena said and the both fell asleep.

Daphne was eager for the trip. It was the only thing that was getting her through the days. She spent her free time freshening up her Spanish, so she can be confident in Madrid. She and Helena weren't discussing that matter often but Daphne couldn't get it out of her head. She could visualise the trip and her expectation made her impatience worse. But you know what they say. Expectations lead to disappointment.

The days were passing. Before Daphne and Helena could realise it, it was the 28th of June. Daphne' s excitement was now more like anxiety.
"Should I take warm clothes with me?" She was freaking out on the phone.
"Daphne calm down. It's summer. The Mediterranean weather is a hot mess. I don't think you'll need warm clothes. Just take a light jacket with you." Helena tried to calm call her down.
"You're right. I'm being paranoid right now." She let a breath, she didn't know she was holding inside her.
"Oh don't forget to take your football merch with you, in case we have time, you know, visit stadiums and take photos." Helena said innocently.
"Sure we will have time. I mean we'll be there for a month. Plus I'll kill if I don't visit Vicente Calderon." She smiled through the phone as if Helena could see her.
"I was sure about that. Just get some sleep. We have a flight to catch tomorrow."
"I'm so excited. Sleep tight. See you tomorrow."
"Sweet dreams. I'm picking you up tomorrow. Good night." Helena replied.

Daphne checked her suitcase one last time. She was nervous she might forget something but she relaxed seconds later. She lied down and thought about the trip a little more. Slowly she drifted off to sleep with a peaceful image on her mind.

* I came here for love, for someone to hold me down. I wont give up, no, I want you to reach out *

"Mhh." Daphne said answering her phone, half asleep.
"It's time to wake up, sleeping beauty." Helena nearly shouted on the phone, due to the excitement.
Daphne suddenly opened her eyes. "Today is the day!!" She smiled and hanged up the phone.

She took a minute to fully wake up. Then she wore a cute summer outfit, she had picked the night before. She wore a blue jean high-waisted shorts with a white shirt and a pair of sandals. She took a look in the mirror.
"Summer- ish. I like it. Time for make up."
She applied a light feature of foundation on her face. Then some mascara and a pink lip pencil. She let her brown curls fall naturally on her shoulders
"Ready to go." She thought to herself.
She was packing her make up products and some other stuff when the bell rang. She got her suitcase and rushed down the stairs to meet Helena. She looked beautiful in her little red romper and her hair was styled in a straight ponytail.
"Let's have breakfast and hit the road." Daphne suggested and they took a seat.
Then they went to the airport as ready as they'll ever be for their summer adventure! The airport was crowdy, but the girls couldn't care less at the moment. The found their way to the right gate and they glanced at London once more before getting on their plane.

The trip was quiet. Both of them were lost in their thoughts, too distracted to start a conversation. The skyline was changing outside their window. Their summer has just begun.

(A/N: The first parts won't be big, but i promise they're getting bigger when the action begins.

Have a nice week. Don't forget you're beautiful, smart and deserve the world.)