Part 5: Persistence is the key

"So you're ready to go?" Saul was leaning against a wall and his face lighted up when he saw her.
"I already have plans. My friend is waiting for me." Daphne tried to play it cool.
"Alright. I respect that. But I won't give up. What are you doing tonight?"
"I don't really know."
"Go out with me."
"Why do you insist so much?"
"Because I want to make up for looking like an idiot earlier when you talked to Nando. Also, I want to take you out."
"You don't even know me. I might be murderer." Saul laughed.
"Well are you?"
"Yes I am." Daphne whispered to his ear and Saul stopped laughing for a sec.
"See, you're funny. You seem really interesting. I wanna get to know you."
"I don't see the point, but fine." She rolled her eyes and turned around. "Give me your number and I'll text you where to pick me up from." She handed him her phone.
"See you tonight." He winked.

Her head was buzzing. What had happened?? She tried to put her thoughts together. 《I visited Calderon. I won an exclusive tour. I met Fernando Torres! Saul Niguez hit on me and asked me out! If this all a dream I hope I never wake up.》

The minute she opened the door Helena was already standing in front of her.
"It was about time. I'm starving. You'll tell me everything later." She dragged Daphne out of the door again. "What have you been doing for the past 5 hours?" Helena asked eating some salad.
"You want the long version or the short one? Nevermind I'm giving you the short one. I won an exclusive tour at Calderon. I met Torres then Saul came and he was hitting on me and he asked me out and i never answered and he was waiting for me outside and tonight i have a date." Daphne stopped and breathed.
"You're telling me Saul Niguez, the only hot guy I know from Atletico Madrid is into you and you played hard to get?"
"First of all I'm hard to get. Secondly, exactly because he's a hot footballer, it was wrong to accept to go out with him. I won't text him so he'll understand we're not going out."
"You just implied, you have his number?"
"Yes, I'm supposed to text him the address that he'll pick me up from and the time."
"Do it then. You wanted a summer adventure and now it's coming your way, you're backing off?
"BUT he's a worldwide known footballer. There's possibility to be all over the media."
"Oh you're right. Let me rephrase it then. YOU'RE CHICKENING OUT." Daphne sighed. "Let me tell you something. I know you had a crush on him, dont even deny that. But you're mature now and can make yourself to not catch feelings. Besides, it's only a summer thing. Enjoy it."
"You know he's just messing with me, right?"
"Good then. You won't catch feelings and you won't get hurt. Plus if he's messing with you, mess with him too. It's a win-win. You'll both have fun and no one is getting hurt. Text him."

Daphne pulled out her phone and sent a text.
"Now go get some rest and I'll figure out the perfect outfit." Helena smiled.

Daphne slept for like an hour and when she woke up she could feel less tensed and less tired than before. She sit up in her bed and spotted Helena in the next room looking through the wardrobe.
"Did you find anything?"
"Oh yes, you're ready I'm just looking for something for me."
"You're going out too? Because you wouldn't stress out in any other case."
"Actually Thomas texted me he came to Madrid this morning to work in a bar here. Today he isn't working tho and we're going out. So YES I'm freaking out."
"Jeez you're so into him." Daphne laughed and approached Helena. "Let me see. You just relax."
Daphne went through Helena's clothes and mumbled some things like "Let's keep it simple and sexy." Finally she pulled out a pair of black high-waisted trouser and a white bodysuit, which had a small open in the back.

"Here you are. What am i wearing tonight?"

"Take it. I'm in a hurry." Helena threw a dress at Daphne.

Daphne took a shower and every nerve of her body was now relaxed. She took her time to make her hair and her make up. She didn't feel like being too much. Some loose curls, a little mascara and a nude lipstick. When all of these were done she put on the dress Helena had chosen. It was an ombre maxi dress in a rust colour.