Part 6: Night Out

《Meet you in a minute then😚》

Daphne felt sweat pooling in every inch of her body. Was she really nervous about meeting his friends? It wasn't a big deal, right? She just met him and he's cute and they're just flirting. He might me famous but... that's it. This wasn't some stressful exam. But it clearly felt like it. She spotted Saul in the crowd and couldn't help but smile when their eyes met.

"Hello." He greeted everyone.
"Oh hey Saul." Helena turned towards him. "This is Thomas."
"You didn't tell me we're meeting a famous footballer." He awkwardly said to Helena. "Nice to meet you man."
"Haha nice to meet you too." They shook hands.
"That kind of reactions I want to avoid." Daphne told Saul. He just looked at her and then turned to the couple who was now giggling.
"May I steal her for a while?" Saul placed his palm in her waist.
"Take your time." Helena smiled.
"Amazing. Let's introduce you to my friends." He guided her away.

Saul took her hand and guided her through the crowd, pushing gently some people making room for her to walk. She was trying to keep up with him because she felt safe with him but at the same time she wanted to avoid what it was coming. After a minute or two they reached a big table where she spotted some known figures. Her heart raced.

"So guys." He drew their attention. "This is Daphne." He stroke her hand and look at her. "You must know most of them but anyways this is Nando, Ollala, Lucas, Miguel, Patricia, Kokito and Beatriz."
"No way." Beatriz came closer all smiley.
"Wait.. Do you guys know each other?" Koke questioned.

"She's the cute and awkward girl I told you about..." Koke seemed to try too hard to understand but still he didn't. "The one I met this morning that i went shopping at the Victoria's Secret."

"Oh yeah. Yeah. I remembered." He shook Daphne's hand. "You know i've heard a lot about you. It feels like i know you and i hadn't even met you. Impressive."

"Okay, this feels weird.Plus, now I'm really embarrassed." Daphne hid her face. "I must have been pretty embarassing with Saul, let alone with Beatriz."

"Oh don't be embarassed." Koke smiled. "Beatriz was just a little puzzled about you. Saul must be the one who should be embarrassed for being ridiculous. You're the only thing he talks about the last two days."

"Okay Kokito that's your sign to stop." Saul nodded and grinned at him. Everyone laughed.

"Does he say good things about me, though?"

"Oh honey... You have no idea. And I'm only with him for a couple of hours. I can't imagine how everyone else feels." Beatriz rolled her eyes.

"That makes things more awkward. By the way I'm not like he described me. He's lying." she pretended she was whispering.

"Still not funny." Saul placed his hand at her waist again. Lucas approached and took Saul away.

"Should we take this photo now that you look gorgeous?" Beatriz suggested. Daphne thought about it.

"I'm not really photogenic.." Daphne finally said.
"Oh.." She was took off guard. "I don't want to pressure you." She smiled. "We should have taken that photo today though. Saul would have lost his mind."

"I bet that would have been cool. Him losing his mind. And the picture of us of course." Beatriz laughed.

"He has already lost his mind." Nando whispered in her ear out of nowhere making her jump.

"Oh how it comes?" Nando just winked and turned around. Daphne frowned for a second and then returned to reality. She talked a little more with Saul's friends until she politely excused herself. "As much as I'd love to stay, my friends are waiting for me.. See you around, i guess." They clearly didn't wait for her but Daphne thought she had already made a big fool of herself and wanted to end her embarrassement. She smiled and started walking away. Saul had been talking with Lucas for a while so Daphne made her way to him to let him know she was going back to Helena and Thomas. He insisted of going with her but she just smiled and said it was fine.