Part 2: A short getaway

They landed in Madrid in the morning on the 30th. Timezones did their work there and jetlag had gotten to them. The first days passed fast. It occurred sightseeing, tasting the local cuisine and having fun in general. Both girls were having a blast.

"Should we visit Barcelona for a day or two? I can't take this weather. I need a refreshment." It was a hot July morning when Helena first complained about the weather.
"Um sure. Why not? I could use some time swimmimg, sunbathing and visiting the city." Daphne replied.

And right at the moment they packed some things and headed to the airport. Thankfully the next flight was in two hours. Daphne loved being spontaneous. She could get easily bored and she definitely liked surprising both herself and the others with quick decisions she would make on the spot.

Barcelona was beautiful. La Sagrada Familia was majestic. They couldn't believe how a city was so beautiful. They first headed to a local beach to relax and enjoy the cool waters. The sun was shining bright and in that moment there was nothing that could ruin Daphne's mood, or her trip in general. She was genuinely happy.

Their next visit was to a cozy restaurant. Paella tasted like heaven.
"This is so good." Daphne closed her eyes to savour every bit of the food.
"Best spontaneous decision we ever made." They drank Sangria to that.
"I'm exhausted. I need some rest." Daphne claimed.
"What do you mean? We're in Barcelona. We're going clubbing." Helena insisted.
"But.. I haven't packed something for the occasion."
"God bless me then. You're so lucky I did." Helena smiled widely. "Let's head back at the pension and get ready."

Helena had packed two dresses.
"Pick one." In one hand she was holding a blue dress and in the other a light pink.
"But I really don't feel like partying." Daphne said taking the blue dress in her hands.
"You know, the best nights start when you don't feel like partying. She simply said and started getting ready.

Daphne was thinking about it and figured out that Helena was right, but she really wasn't in the mood.
"Just one drink." She sighed and got ready. "Damn sis!! You're hot." Daphne said to Helena while applying some lipstick.
"I know right?" She smiled. "You look good too. We're going to shake Barcelona tonight."
"I really hope we won't." Daphne replied and they both shared a laugh.

They walked around the town for a while, watching people dinning and laughing and talking and dancing. It was marvellous. Then they found a cute bar, which was blasting some good music. They walked in and a waiter found them a table in a corner.

"I like the music." Daphne claimed.
'I would too, if i understood what it was staying." Helena replied and it caused Daphne to laugh.
"What will the ladies have?" The waiter, that had guided them to their table, asked.
"Um we're new here, so what would you suggest us?" Helena flirted with the waiter.
"Clara de Limón, maybe? It's for girls, cute girls like you." He flirted back.
"Then two Clara de Limón it is." She flashed a smile and the waiter smiled back. "Cute, wasn't he?" She asked when the waiter walked away.
"I didn't really noticed him." Daphne replied.
"Well, okay. More for me. But at least pretend you're having fun?? For me, please??" Helena rubbed her arm.
"I'm having fun. Really." She replied and moved her body to the rhythm.
"That's a start." They both laughed.

The night was passing by and they were really having fun. Helena must have had a few more drinks and she had the chance to talk some more with the cute waiter. His name was Thomas and this was his summer job.

"I need to make a move. It's literally now or never. We won't stay forever in Barcelona." Helena pleaded Daphne.
"Fine. Go. Have fun."
"You too." She smiled and disappeared in the crowd.

Daphne was alone now in the table sipping her drink and looking right and left awkwardly.
"Oh my god, I must look really stupid right now." She thought.
She decided that she should have fun and ordered one more Clara de Limón. She was dancing to the beat, when a man approached her. She stopped moving and turnt to him.

"Hola." He smiled.
"Oh hi.." She replied.
"Not Spanish? Cool, I like it." He said in a weird but kinda cute accent.
"Um thanks. Aren't you Marcos Asensio?" She tried to keep her cool.
"Do we know each other?" He said stepping closer to her, making her uncomfortable.
"I don't think so." She took a step back.
"Do you want me to buy you a drink..? What was your name?"
"Daphne. No, I'm good." She took one more step back just in case.
"Why are you playing hard to get?" He said clearly annoyed, making it more obvious that he was drunk.
"I think you're too drunk, so you better go back to your friends." She said sympathetically.
"I want you to be my friend." He took a step forward and tripped over himself. Daphne nearly catched him.
"We can take him from now on." She heard some voices and she felt Marcos wait being lifted from her. "I'm sorry. We hope you're okay." Surprised you saw Hector Bellerin and Saul Niguez holding Marcos.. " We better go. Hope you're okay." Hector said again and they turned around.
Shocked from what just happened she sipped all of the Clara de Limón that was still in her glass. Minutes later Helena came back.
"Crazy night!!" She smiled.
" Tell me about it." Daphne looked at the direction the three Spanish boys had gone.
"Guess who has a date tomorrow." Helena whispered looking at the bar.
"Wow you work fast. Let's go then. You need to be fresh." Daphne smiled and they both headed outside.

Daphne's head was spinning.
"Did I really see Marcos, Hector and Saul. Oh my God!! I got so lucky in just one night. They were really in front of me. Marcos even drunk hit on me. I can't believe.
With these thoughts, she fell asleep..

(A/N: Oh fam don't think the action is quite there. Just be patient.

Don't forget you're beautiful, smart and deserve the world. )