Loz (FFVII) x Fem reader.

(2040 words)
Edited.

"Don't cry, Loz," Yazoo cooed, a patronizing tone lacing his words as he eyed his brother.

"I'm not crying!" The aforementioned snarled out heavily. He sniffled and attempted to wipe his tear riddled face clean without being noticed. Gosh, he hated being teased so much by his damned brother. It was as if Yazoo had nothing better to do.

"Oh, but it appears you very much are, Loz. That's no way for a man to look at all," Yazoo continued and guided - more like pushed - his brother into another room in their base.

The Forgotten Capital was a waste at this point, but worked well for their intent and gave quite the eerie atmosphere. The children -- pawns, all prepared, Cloud defeated once already, and they were so close to finding mother. The brothers could feel it already. So much so that Loz had, yet again, burst into tears. He'd just wanted to find Mother so bad that he'd grown- well, overwhelmed.

That's what lead him to the situation he was in now - on the brink of sobbing not only in front of his brothers, but in front of his damned romantic interest. ____.

She'd arrived after they rounded up the last of the children cursed with the geostigma. They nearly beat her down, though when she showed no intent on actually doing anything against them, they assumed she came along to be, 'healed' as well. It was clear after Kadaj turned those kids into pawns that this girl had no plans whatsoever besides finding out what the brothers were up to.

She acted like a friend of some sort to the men... At least for his... Brothers it seemed. And Loz fell for her, hard. So, standing in front of her crying wasn't exactly something he ever planned on doing. In fact he was more than appalled he was doing so, but he was so worked up over being close to finding Jenova and teasing from Yazoo, he couldn't help it. Now he looked like some weak boy. Right in front of his interest. This didn't help with his image at all. He already knew he wasn't the brightest or most charming. He was a giant, buff buffoon who acted like he was the age of seven.

She probably hated it. Oh. He could feel that she hated him. Whenever he came into a room with her, the atmosphere grow tense and she'd avoid looking at him. It was no different now.

When Yazoo had shoved him into the room, he stumbled slightly, muttering how the other was a "meanie." All he heard was a chuckle from Yazoo and Kadaj in response, though when he looked up ____ sat in her usual place, a book in hand, scowling at him. It wasn't long before she crossed her legs and looked away with a roll of the eyes.

The waterworks broke straight through the dam and a sob bubbled passed his lips. He was so embarrassed. He couldn't believe it. In what felt like forever, though he knew it'd been a few seconds, he managed to push Yazoo away from him and speed off to his own quarters.

"Poor thing couldn't even man up in front of a woman. How sad. Isn't it, Kadaj?"

The faint chuckle of the youngest was heard and accompanied by a nod of agreement. "How will he behave when we find mother?"

Loz wasted no time in allowing all his feelings to gush out as soon as he was in the safety and privacy of his own room. Throwing himself against the nearest wall and sliding down, he whimpered to himself. For fuck's sake, he was the strongest guy here. But he probably seemed like a wimp to his dear ____. He ran his fingers through his hair and groaned. Hot tears streamed down reddened cheeks as he tried to collect himself. Broken sobs choked passed his lips as he slammed his hands against his head. She hated him, he thought. 'She absolutely hates me. And my stupid lack of a brain - and my stupid hair - and my dumb commentary - and my dumb attitude - and that I'm just a lousy crybaby.'