Kiba x Assassin!Male!Reader || You shouldn't be here

2974 words.
Unedited.

"Kiba! You allowed this bastard to continue his killings!? You fucking helped him!?" Shikamaru barked at him, beyond infuriated.

Kiba cringed and shrunk down with each word thrown at him as he sat surrounded by the Konaha villagers.

"You're just as bad as he is!"

Another cringe. He didn't know.

"You couldn't think about anyone but yourself, huh!?"

How could he have known?

"All because you had feelings for him!"

"My son is dead because of you," a woman wailed.

Kiba brought his hands to his head and curled up, fingers gripping tightly to the locks of hair at the back of his head.

"He had a family! A child! A wife! He left his mother! They can't even find half of his body! You let that vile monster murder him in cold blood!" She shrieked and moved forward, growing more angry and pained with each word.

"I didn't know," he finally spoke, softly at first, then bringing up his head and yelling. "I didn't know!"

Tears streamed down his cheeks and a sob ripped through him as he began hitting his head. "I didn't know, I didn't know, I didn't know!"

"Do you think that makes you innocent? Feigning disbelief!? Faking that you didn't know shit! He killed my SON! My own flesh and blood!"

"I didn't know he would!"

"And Sugi!? What of her! Not to mention the other three people he killed. Brutally, might I add!" A new voice chimed. It was Yasuo, the husband of the woman who'd been mentioned.

Everyone surrounding Kiba held such disgusted and enraged faces. All but Shino, who held his usual stoic expression and Hinata who felt bad for the man, but hurt by his involvement with the recent killing spree.

It was impossible. Truly, it had to be. Kiba couldn't imagine the man he once held in his arms had been such a monster. Kiba still couldn't accept it, even with everyone screaming at him.

"Don't you dare ignore me! You already ignored the screams of those who died! How dare you turn your head from those alive," the woman from before screeched as she charged at Kiba, bringing a blade out to slash him. He barely moved away from her the first time, though the second strike was splattered more blood than he had wished.

A scream ripped through the crowd and the woman fell onto her knees. Blood didn't make her feel better. It didn't bring her son back. Though, the message didn't seem to transfer to Sugi's husband, who quickly took over and brought his own sword out to kill the man who allowed his wife to die so heinously.

Team 7 entered the crowd and their eyes widened. Not only at the sight of a bleeding Kiba in the midst of getting attacked, but his two teammates not far and not interfering.

"Hey, leave him alone," Naruto yelled and moved forward to protect his friend, but it was too late. The man was already bringing his blade down and Kiba looked far too shocked to move.

"Kiba did not know what my intentions were whatsoever," Now it was everyone elses' turn to be shocked. The cloaked man they came to abhor stood behind Yasuo, his hand firmly gripping the aggressor's arm as to keep the Inuzuka safe. "Please keep this in mind. He was as clueless as you were when I was serving your wife her much deserved retribution."

"Bastard, I'll kill you!"

"Sugi screamed so violently for you, Yasuo-kun. In your own home. Your child still in the next room. Do you ever wonder... if you'd just been home on time like she asked, would she be alive?"
Yasuo trembled, dropping his sword and covering his mouth. What an awful man. What a terrible being. How could Kiba, a man supposed to help protect the village, bring such a beast in?