DRABBLE || Reader x One-sided! Yazoo.

(698 words)
Unedited

"He's in the bathroom, Kadaj," were the only words uttered before the rowdy boy was down the hall. Yazoo smirked. He knew exactly how things would go down. Especially with the double bladed Katana laying next to the now crying Loz.

Now how to get him to shut up..

Yazoo looked at Loz and rolled his eyes before simply leaving the room. He caught a glimpse of his brother running into the bathroom before the door shut with a slam. His lips twitched down and he folded his arms across his chest.

Why was ____ so infatuated with his brother? It was rather... annoying. His constant teasing and toying with the other... it was so unnecessary. Kadaj acted as if ____ was always doing the worst thing imaginable. To him, it was obvious Kadaj had some sort of feelings for him.

After all, even with all the harsh words and rough attitude, he still stayed rather close in proximity with the other and often actively started arguments. It seemed the both had a strike for pissing each other off.

Was that it?

Was it that he wasn't so abrupt and aggressive?

Is that why ____ preferred his brother?

No. There had to be more. Anyone could anger someone and if ____ really loved Kadaj, why was he always flirting about? Maybe it was just to toy with others. He seemed to enjoy reactions he gained.

A frown formed on Yazoo's lips and he ran a hand through his hair. Of course it was. And he'd never be able to give that to ____. He wouldn't be so fiery, so feisty, so aggressive. Not in a way ____ would like. He wasn't built like that, he wasn't made like that; no matter what he did he'd never amount to the expression his brother delivered.

It wasn't fair. His chest would race just from talking to ____, a smile of genuine joy would grace his lips every time he saw the other, he even worried for the other when injured. He wanted ____ safe. He wanted him to be his. He wanted ____ to look at him with as much drive and passion as he did with Kadaj.

A slam of the door was heard and a red-faced Kadaj came rushing out, soaked and cursing. Though... it wasn't long until Kadaj touched his lips and gave a small smile.

A cruel reminder that he'd never amount to what his brother has.

Yazoo slowly walked to the bathroom door, passing his brother in silence. Was he so invisible that even Kadaj didn't notice him? Or was it from those feelings? He leant against the doorframe and smiled at the sight of ____.

The small injuries that he didn't deserve, the belittling he gained from simply trying to woo Kadaj.. It all angered him. He never would do that.

But that's why ____ didn't like him and never would. An intense pressure ached inside his chest, making him grip onto the outside of the frame tightly. It pained him so much, but felt so dull. He hated the feeling, but it came to often to complain on it now.

____ seemed so giddy as well. Something good must've happened. He knew the other like no other. Not even Kadaj could take the smallest of hints. He wouldn't be able to tell if he was upset. He wouldn't be able to comfort him. Kadaj wouldn't even be there to listen; Kadaj hadn't ever been there to listen.

Yazoo squeezed the door frame as ____ muttered to himself and pushed through that poignant heartache to smile. He felt like he could barely breathe, let alone speak. His throat felt raw, his stomach was in knots and being attacked by butterflies, his mind was reeling. He wanted to... To let it all out. To be like Kadaj, to be like Loz even.

But that would never happen.

He wasn't made for that.

Throughout this painful inner turmoil he never once dropped that small smile or let that longing gaze drop. He looked fine; he was fine. He finally spoke up, head resting against the doorframe as well,

"____ you are an entirely unhealthy man."

~~
AN: Heeyyyy. I'm not sure what I'm doing next, but the reader will be female~. May start taking requests soon too!