How To Gain A Following

I compiled a list on how to gain more followers. This is slightly different from my other chapters but I thought this would be appreciated.

Here are my tips:

1. Talk to people. You can't gain a following without communicating with others. A simple "hey, what's up" shows that you are interested in talking with someone without putting yourself in their face. Get to know them and they might just follow you.

2. Follow others. You don't have to go on a following spree, but I would recommend following people whose books or profiles you genuinely like. It's easy to spot people who are obsessed with gaining followers if they follow 1,000,000 people and harass them into following them. Please don't do that.

3. Comment and vote. This seems easy- and it is. I gained a good amount of followers by commenting on books that I enjoyed reading. The key is to make yourself known, and you can do this without being intrusive. I know a few users who have a great amount of followers from commenting on books, and don't even have any stories written.

4. Be patient. Followers don't just roll in by making a wish, although that would be really nice. It took me 3 years to reach the amount of followers I have now. Don't expect instant success because that doesn't happen often.

5. Write, and don't stop. For those who have a passion for writing, I would definitely say to continue writing and to make your stories great (you see how I didn't say 'make your stories perfect' because no one can do that.) Through a lot of trial and error- and many deleted and re-edited books- I created stories that I liked. I asked people to read it and word spread.

I hope you found these tips useful. If you guys want to see more informative chapters, let me know. I will also continue doing funny chapters because I really like those.