Chapter 1

All Gold Everything: Chapter 1

*Aaliyah P.O.V.*

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm clock beeping. I was in such a deep fantasy and being taken away from it was the last thing I wanted.

I sat up and pressed the button to silence the irritating alarm. I rubbed my eyes and pushed my blonde curls away from my face. The sun illuminated my room and nearly blinded my eyes as I stood up and made my way to the bathroom.

While my shower is warming up, I'll take the time to explain myself to you. I'm Aaliyah Alvarado-James. I'm 17 and live in the heart of L.A. My Mama and Daddy are divorced and she remarried a man who I loved just as much as my real Daddy, which is why I have 2 last names. I'm Puerto Rican - African American but I'm a little pale compared to my parents. I have very dark brown eyes that almost appear to be black, On first impressions I seem very quiet, but that's not the case. This was Senior year of High School and I couldn't wait to graduate. This was my last first day of school, well until college, but still.

After I was all showered and cleaned up, it was time to decide on my outfit. This was the hardest part of my mornings since I usually had so many ideas of what to wear. I went right into my closet and starting digging through stuff till I found that something that caught my eye. I settled with solid grey shirt that was tied in the front, black high waist shorts, cameo patterned shin high socks and my all time favorite timberlands. I left my hair damp and settled with it being curly. I grabbed my bag, phone, and binder off my desk and headed downstairs.

"Morning Mama." I said as I gave her a kiss on her cheek while she was standing in front of the stove cooking, what smelled like bacon. I set my things on the bar counter and sat on the stool.

"Morning baby, what do you want for breakfast?"

"I'm actually not even hungry. I'm too excited for the first day." I was looking forward to seeing all my friends and even the new kids who were coming to my school. Carter, my Step-Dad, came walking into the kitchen. "Morning Carter."

"Morning Aaliyah. Have a good first day. I'm out." He gave Mama a kiss before giving me a hug and heading out the door. I heard my phone vibrating and saw I had a message from my best friend, Cindy.

"Mama I gotta go. I needa pick up Cindy. Love you." I said as I grabbed my things and car keys before heading out the door.

***

"oooooo look at us, we're seniors now !" Cindy yelled once we walked onto campus. "That's right all a y'all are my bitches now." She said as we walked by a group of Freshmen.

"Really Cindy?" I laughed. I was looking around and there were a lot of Freshman opposed to last year. It was actually kinda funny.

"Quit actin' like you got so much class. You were thinkin' the exact same thing too so don't even start with no shit."

"Alright damn, where do you think everyone else's ass are ?"

"The fuck if I know. We got like 5 minutes till class starts so they're probably in class." Cindy said in a little calmer voice. Luckily for us we had first together so I was looking forward to that.

We continued to walk through the halls and I accidentally bumped into this group of guys.

"Watch where the fuck you're goin bitch." One of them said.

"Whao I don't know what the fuck crawled up your ass but you best watch who the fuck you're talking to. It was an accident." I said as I got in his face. He only looked more angry and wasn't backing down.