A New Journey

Your country was not the largest nor the richest, but it was known for its unforgettable wine. There was no royalty. Instead, Elepheltes' clergy members such as yourself took care of state affairs, from education to healthcare and military defenses. You were born with a bow in your hands. In your childhood, you rapidly gain the respect of everyone around you for your archer's skill and your natural kindness. At 15, you were already the leader of the Arrow Regiment. It was then that you met Yunan, who lead you to conquer the dungeon of Balam, djinn of light. Four years later, you were defending the country against Kou's expansionism as the Great General of Elepheltes' Army, but it became more and more evident that you needed more power to overcome your enemies.

--

The sun was setting when you finally called the end of the day. The new recruits released sighs of relief as you left the field. You were in a mixed mood. Lot of them showed promises today, but you knew it wasn't enough. Kou's army overwhelmed you in numbers and in strength and few talents wouldn't change the outcome of the next battle. Especially when they lacked training. You entered your simply furnished quarters, ready to read the too many reports about villages being attacked at the border. As you removed your armor, a small light caught your eye. You turned just in time to see a blonde man in a green attire materialize near the window.

"Long time no see, (y/n)."

"Yunan!" You responded, grinning from ear to ear. I'm glad to see you again.

Without the magi's help, your country would have fell in Kou's hands long ago. There wasn't a day you didn't thank Elepheltes for allowing the two of you to meet.

"What can I do for you?" you asked while offering him a seat.

"I think I have more to offer you, dear (y/n)." A gentle smile floated on his lips as he sat.

You wondered what he wanted to say with this but you didn't want to push him around. A tea was more appropriate than question for now, so you went to the small kitchen to boil water.

"How is Balam doing?" Yunan asked from the other room.

-"ood. He offered me more power than I could hope. I am really grateful to be the one wielding his bow."

"I see. I was right to bring you to him."

You came back with two cups and gave one to the green magi. Questions were running in your head, but you just sipped the tea, waiting for him to tell you the real reason behind his sudden visit, after four years with no news.

"There is a new dungeon near by. I would like you to conquer it."

The sudden statement made you nearly spit out the hot drink. Yunan smiled gently at your reaction, handing you a small handkerchief you gladly accepted.

"Why me? Sure, I can't say no to more funds to help my country and another djinn would be really helpful, but it would be more convenient to have two people with Metal Vessels than one with two."

You thought about the Kou's Empire generals and their Metal Vessels. More soldiers meant more field control and opportunities for attacks. If your country could have at least another Metal Vessel, you could defend more villages. Yunan giggled.

"You're such a practical Queen, (y/n)."

"I am no Queen. I'm a general, of course I am practical."

"Of course," he repeated. "But I still think you're the most capable person to take this dungeon. Follow the river at the east, near the source you'll find Asmodai's dungeon."

He started to fade at the end of his sentence. You extended your arm in the hope of catching him but he completely disappeared when you closed your hand.

"Ah! I almost forgot!" Yunan voice resonated within the room. "Soon, you'll meet someone who's destiny is interwoven with yours. Together, you'll overcome any troubles."

"Wait! Who is it?"

But you could only hear a giggle before his presence vanished, leaving you alone with your question.