Sinbad's POV

The departure of the Holy Maiden was expectable, yet the king felt lonely. Sitting at his desk, he chuckled from the absurdity of his situation. He only knew the girl for one day, he only exchanged few words with her. But he missed the fierce look in her eyes. And the tone of her voice. And the red of her blushing cheeks. A loud sigh exited his mouth and he leaned back on the chair and hid his face in one of his hand. How could a single girl have such an impact on the Ladykiller of the Seven Seas?

The door suddenly opened and he didn't have to look to know who it was.

"My king, I do hope you're looking for a solution for the foreign merchants..."

"These kind if situations are why you are here, Ja'far. I have other problems on my mind."

"Let me guess. It's a woman."

"You're too sharp for your own good," moaned the purple haired man.

"There's only two things bothering the great king: lack of alcohol or lack of women. There is a glass next to you so it's obviously the other one."

Sinbad jumped on his feet, "Hey! I'm more than a drunk womanizer!"

"Your words, not mine!" smiled Ja'far, playfully.

Silence fell on the spacious royal office. After few seconds, the king sat down and filled a glass to his adviser. He then laid his head on his hand and looked outside, lost in thoughts.

"You're leaving, aren't you?" asked Ja'far, sipping his drink.

"I don't understand why I would have to."

"The Kou empire is on the verge of swallowing another country, that could be a move of Al Thamen. To be honest, I'm surprised you didn't left with her."

Sinbad didn't reply. Of course, he had planned to go to Elepheltes' Lands as soon as he heard the envoy from there, but the proximity of the Holy Maiden scared him. He had... desire for her and it consumed him more than he though. She wasn't the first one to resist his attempts but she was the first he had regrets about. For the day they saw each other, standing next to her was agony and he didn't want to put his patience to the test for a full week on sea. It was best for both of them to go separately.

The door opened once again, welcoming an excited Yamuraiha and a concerned Sharrkan.

"You're not planning to leave without me, are you ?" yelled the magician.

"I'm coming too," said the Heliohapt's prince.

Sinbad crossed his arms on his chest and closed his eyes to think. This trip promised to be an annoying political one but knowing he would see her filled him with a feeling he had almost lost through the years: the excitement of adventure. She was an unclaimed land waiting to be conquered and he had to be the one to plant his flag. A smirk grew on his lips as he was boiling with anticipation.

"Ja'far, ready a ship for Elepheltes' Lands. Yam and Sharrkan, inform Spartos that we are leaving and go get your luggages."

"Don't you think Aladdin and the others would like to come?" asked the former assassin.

A little spike of jealousy grew in Sinbad's heart. The Holy Maiden and Alibaba already shared a full week together on the boat to Sindria and he didn't want to push them in each other arms. Picturing them together was too much for the King and he frowned when answering.

"Maybe. If they want to, don't forbid them. But don't invite them either."

--

He couldn't wait to arrive to see her. For four days, he turned around like a tiger in a cage, the magic tool in hand, waiting for an opportunity to use it. He had a hard time hiding his uneasiness to his men and it was Yamuraiha who convinced him to talk to her. The Holy Maiden was as stubborn as ever, ending the conversation as soon as he asked her to come to him. And as soon as the surface gone black, loneliness was eating him again.

"I never thought I would see the high king of the sevens seas longing for a girl's company." Yamuraiha had a small smile, less mischievous than Sinbad thought.

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"Oh please! It's written all over your face! You look like a teenager!"

"She only represents a good asset to achieve world peace. After all, she probably is the third most powerful being in the world."

"And she's pretty. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me. But you have to do something with the lovey-dovey look!"

She left the room before he could reply. Lovey-dovey, him of all people! As if! Yet he smiled imagining the look in her eyes when he would show himself in front of her. Her name rolled on his tongue, followed by the wine she didn't like.