Unexpected guest

Your bow was always light when you were training. You were able to shoot several arrows at the same time, each hitting their targets. You were a little bit sadden by the fact this arena wasn't designed for archery. The targets were too close to you to be a real challenge.

"I am quite impressed." The voice came from behind you. You had felt an oppressive presence far before he spoke but you didn't imagine it belonged to the king of Sindria himself. A small smile floated to your face before you turned.

"I wouldn't be the general without some skills for myself." Your lifted your bow in front of you, showing the eight-points circle to Sinbad.

"So the rumors were true. I have to say I wonder how does a Holy Maiden got her hands on two Metal Vessels. Aren't you supposed to live peacefully and protect your legacy?"

There was a tone in his voice you didn't like. A small hint of arrogance hidden by a lustful smile.

"I serve my people as I see fit in the age of trouble," you said, monotonous. His grin grew wider as he approached, so close that you could feel his breath on the top of your face. You lifted your eyes to met his playful ones.

"It's a shame you have to dirty such delicate hands." He took a lock of your (h/c) hair which had fall from your bun and brought it to his lips.

You weren't use to this kind of affection and your heart skipped a beat when he brushed your cheek. At least you knew how to hide your embarrassment. You smiled innocently and took a few steps back.

"If I may, I would like to resume my training."

"I won't bother you more. But before leaving, I would like to offer you a small gift." A young servant brought a piece of white fabric you guessed being a dress. "Tonight banquet will be the occasion to celebrate our friendship. I would be happy if you wore a Sindrian attire."

You bowed in silence.

--

The attire was barely sufficient to cover you. The plain parts consisted of a small top looking like a bra and shorts. Everything else, from the open veil on your belly to the long skirt embracing your legs was a thin and transparent satin layer. Added to all was a beautifully carved hairpin, representing a sea creature you never saw before. Despite its appearance, you knew it was clothes for a noble woman in a hot tempered country.

"I'm gonna kill him." Mephelios was barely looking at you, blushing every time his eyes met yours, or your breast, or your legs. You both had left your room few moments ago, dressed with what Sinbad gave you.

"No you won't. We have to comply with Sindria rules as long as we are here."

"I don't remember agreeing on you putting such an outrageous outfit!"

"Every woman here wear this kind of thing, and your outfit is not better."

It was white pants paired with a white jacket only closed by a red belt. You could easily see his bare chest. You didn't had the time to be flustered about it as you arrived at the central place. There was a lot of people and enough food to feed the double. You've never such a feast and even Elpheltes' festivals was pale in comparison. Wine also flooded from countless barrels. Curious, you took a glass... And wanted to spit it instantly. This was far from what you was used too. No texture, no after taste, only plain alcohol.

"I am sorry our wine doesn't meet your taste, your Holiness." Sinbad approached, his eternal grin stuck in his pretty face.

"I think we can come up to an agreement you'll see fit, your Majesty." You couldn't let Sindrians drink this tasteless thing for all their life. Sinbad smiled widened and his facial expression change to a predator's one. You instinctly looked for Mephelios but couldn't find him anywhere nearby.

"One I'll see fit?" asked the king. He took a few steps towards you until being close enough to whisper in your ear. "I do hope we will make better acquaintance in the process."

Maybe it was the sip of wine, his proximity, or your outfit, but you couldn't refrain from blushing. You felt so small, so powerless with him this close. And at the same time, he awekened some feelings you always thought extinguished due to your status.

"Holy Maiden! Your Holiness!" the feminine voice was strangely familiar. You turned to the origin of it and saw Helga, the assassin from your country. A bad feeling grew in you mind as soon as she reached you, out of breath. She shouldn't be here, you had ordered her to protect the borders. You rushed to give her a glass of water.

"What happened? Are you okay? What about the enemy?" Lot of questions runned in your head and tongue, leaving no space for the assassin to reply. Sinbad was close behind and Mephelios joined you when he heard Helga's shout.

"The elders..." she started between two breathes. "They order you to not speak with Sindria and come back as soon as possible."

"How did they learned about this?" Mephelios closed his hands in fists.

"I don't know. But they started negotiations with Kou Empire's first prince."