The Dungeon

You were alone, floating in the peculiar space between your world and the dungeon's one. You were the first one in your group to pass the door and you were hoping to be the first one of all challengers to get inside. The children you just met didn't leave your mind. The confident smiles they had had persuade you that they were alright by themselves. After all, they seemed to be competent and you weren't that older than them. What grudged you was this fear that one of them could become Asmodai's master. You could not let this scenario happen. Elepheltes' Lands needed the power of the djinn in order to survive. In the case you had to choose between your people and those children, you knew you would sacrifice them without hesitation. Those sinful thoughts brought you to bit your lower lips, but you were the General, and generals couldn't have soft feelings.
-
The first thing you saw was Yura's face, smiling as always, above you.
"Welcome back, sleeping beauty," she said.
"Are we all here?"
"Nope, Talven is still missing."
"The children?" You asked, holding your head to suppress the growing headache.
Before she could answer, a huge booming sound reached your ears. Above both of you, countless of small spheres exploded, emitting raging flames which stopped their run against an invisible wall. Yura's necklace was shining and you understood she was the one who created the shield of air around. All feelings of uneasiness leaved you as you quickly jumped on your feet. You prepared your bow and searched for the source of those bombs but the light of the fire was blinding you.
"Amon!"
The voice of the blonde guy resonated in the large room and the flames converged to his position. The hostiles creatures appeared, balls of magma with a sole eye and a pair of bat-like wings. They were easy targets in the now clear space. You didn't waste time and shot down all three of them. They died in a final explosion, sending several flames around. Yura shielded all of you with her household vessel, but you could still feel the burning heat in the air. As the dead creatures fell on the ground, their flames extinguished, leaving the room in a complete darkness.
"Lady Morgiana, are you alright?"
"Alibaba, you're stepping on me..."
"Ah sorry, Aladdin!"
What a loud bunch! You thought. You followed the voices and you knew your soldiers would do the same.
"Do we have a light source?" one of the children asked.
You sighted discreetly and wondered if you were worrying for nothing. They clearly lacked preparation. You silently invoked Balam and your bo started to glow, illuminating your surroundings with a soft light. The blue haired boy runned to you, a smile spread on his face.
"Miss, you're here! I'm so glad!"
Before you could notice anything, his head was scrubbing your breast. You were choosing between kick or slap this perverted youngling when Mephelios tore him from you and sent him against a wall.
"I don't care if you are a kid or a magician, you can't lay your hands on our sacred General."
Aladdin rubbed his injured head, tears on his eyes, and the blonde guy went to help him.
"Sacred General?" Asked the scarred boy.
"Yes," answered Yura, her eternal smile spreading more than usually. "(y/n) is the Holy Maiden chosen by Elepheltes himself to guide us to glory."
"Who is Elepheltes?" asked the young magician.
Mephelios lost his temper as this question.
"What an impudent little brat! First, trying to violate the Maiden, then profanating Elepheltes' name?"
"Mephelios!" Your scream stopped him before he could withdraw his whip from his belt. "We do not hurt non-believers." You coldly ordrered. "Especially when they are children."
He let a small tssk of disapproval, but stopped nevertheless. Suddenly, a bright light appeared, causing all of you to squint.
"What an open-minded behaviour!" The unknown deep voice resonated through the space, shaking the room.
As your eyes adjusted to the brightness, you looked for the one who spoke. You also took a first glance at the dungeon. From all the trinkets here and there, you understood you were in the treasure room. Emerging from an oil lamp as tall as yourself, the Djinn appeared with a large amount of smoke

When you first met Balam, you were astonished. The centaur was white as snow, tall as a church and the horn in his forehead seemed to be carved by a genious sculptor. The Djinn in front of you, in the other hand, wasn't what you had in mind. Sure, he knew how to made an entrance, but his appareance was far beyond what his voice supposed. When the smoke finally scattered, all that was left was a toddler with a light blue skin and flames for hair.
"I am Asmodai, djinn of fire." His deep and manly voice didn't match his frail figure and you were unsure if you found him cute or unsettling. You put your feelings aside and bowed in front of the surprising Djinn.
"Mighty Asmodai, I'm delighted to stand in front of you. If I may, I would like to present you competent warriors who'll gratefully welcome your blessing. One of them is still missing, but he'll be more than happy to make your acquaintance."
Your party bowed with you in silence, your chosen candidates slightly ahead of your household. The Djinn looked at you, frowning.
"I don't think it is your job to choose who is worthy to receive my powers, Queen Vessel."
You bowed deeper and murmured apologies.
"Lady (y/n)! You're finally here!"
You turned your head to the familiar voice and saw Talven, flying behind Asmodai's lamp. He rushed over you and stopped just a few inches from your face.
"I'm so happy you brought me here! Dungeons are truly pieces of artwork!" Talven's eyes were shining as he flew around, taking small objects as he passed above.
"So this one is your follower," said the Djinn, bringing his hand to his forehead and sighting. "How bothering! He came at least one hour before you and all he did was touching everything with his dirty magician hands. Are you even aware that magicians can't be Metal Vessel Users?"
To be honest, you had no idea, but Talven should have know. Looking at his behaviour, it was easy to guess why he didn't tell you.
"Well, we have a lot to do!" continued the Djinn. "Three Kings Vessels and some other potential to see. Guess I'll let my familiars choose for me!"

You didn't had the time to ask about the third Metal vessel user. As soon as he finished he speech, a multitude of small flying flames spawn out of the lamp. They approached your remaining candidates and floated around them one after another.
"None of them will do!" stated the Djinn when the flames flew away.
The children went through the same strange ritual, but Asmodai shook his head with a sight. Then they came to you. They had human shapes and seemed like fairies of fire without wings. Their little faces showed smiles and one of them touched your nose, emitting a cute giggling sound. All of them started to dance around you, coming in front of your eyes one by one to bow.

"As I expected." Asmodai whistled to call back his flames and looked at you. "So, my Queen, it appears we will work together from now on."