Chapter 11

Chapter 11:

 *Shawn’s POV*

          I don’t really know what took over me. I started to feel really hot. I found a mirror in the hallway and looked at my reflection. My eyes were red and sweat was beating down my face. Brooke looked back at me and started to run. She looked scared. I, her boyfriend, made her run away from me. What kind of monster am I?

          Hayes came out to me and yelled at me

Hayes: What the hell did you do to Brooke?

Me: I don’t know                                              

Hayes: Well you better get straightened out ‘cause her older brother just came over to the room looking for you. He said that Brooke came back to the room crying. He asked her what happened and she responded with ‘Shawn is what happened.’ You better get yourself straight or else you’re gonna get it. Hard

Me: Why do you care about Brooke all of a sudden?

Hayes: I have known Brooke ever since we were toddlers. She is my best friend and I don’t want to see her get hurt.

Me: I need to talk to her

Hayes: I if I know Brooke well enough, you need to let her blow off some steam. She needs to figure out her problems, by herself.

Me: Okay. I am gonna go back to the room.

Hayes: Later

*Hayes’s POV*

          Am I starting to like Brooke? That is the question. Am I starting to like my best friend? Well, my ex-girlfriend and ex-best friend. She is so beautiful. Her eyes sparkle and her smile is beautiful. Even though she has braces, it doesn’t matter. She is still amazing. She can sing. She writes her own songs. I decided I was going to talk to her. I walked to her room and waited outside the door.

          I was about to knock on the door when I heard her singing an original song.

He’s so mean but I gotta love it

But I just can’t let him go.

I’m so sick.

By his lies to me.

He ain’t mine no more.

All the girls want him all for their own.

They drive me nuts and they have me by the throat.

He’s so mean, but I gotta love him

And I just can’t let him go.

          She sang this at the talent show. Right after I broke up with her. So, she wrote a song about me. I got lost in my train of thought and started to stare into thin air. I got back to reality and knocked on the door. Brooke opened the door.

Brooke: Hey Hayes. How long were you out there?

Me: Not that long

Brooke: Did you hear me-

Me: Sing? Yea I did. And I noticed the song was about me. I never wanted to come off as mean. I feel horrible now. Please forgive me Bro-

          She cut me off by kissing me. She kissed me, YES!!! I finally realized that I like Brooke. But she is dating Shawn. I need to put an end to this.

Me: So…can I come in?

Brooke: Sure.

          I walked in to see her sheet music on her bed and her writing journal out. I could tell that she was trying to write a new song. She always wrote her own song. We sat and talked.

Brooke: If I told you something, would you promise not to tell anyone.

Me: Sure. What’s wrong?

Brooke: Well…

***Author's Note: I want to just say thank you for reading my story. It means a lot to me. Te amo <3***