Chapter 5

"Yuu-Chan? You awake?" Mika asked Yuu, waving a hand in front of the sleeping boy.

"Hm...? Mika?" Yuu said, sitting up. "Wait, where am I?"

Mika looked at Yuichiro with a look of fondness and a slight tinge of annoyance. "You stayed over at my orphanage yesterday. It was raining pretty hard."

Yuu jumped a little, as if only now realising the position he was in.

He was at his crushes house. With his crush lying right next to him.

Yuu's face turned into a bright shade of pink, as if he had just been held underwater.

"Yuu-Chan? You okay?" Mika asked, looking at You with worried eyes.

"U-um, yeah. I'm...fine." Yuichiro said, stuttering. "...anyways, Are you feeling better today?"

"Much better, actually. I don't feel sick anymore!" Mika said, throwing up a peace sign.

Yuu chuckled, he's so cute!

Mika giggled.
"I'm gonna tell Krul to prepare breakfast." He said, getting out of the bed.

Yuu smiled, blushing. I'm falling so hard.

~~~

After breakfast, the two boys decided to spend a bit of time browsing through TV channels.

There's nothing interesting on the tv, Yuichiro thought to himself. Though, I do get to sit next to Mika. That's a plus.

"Yuu-Chan, do you wanna go out for a stroll? The land dried up a bit, so it shouldn't be too damp." Mika suddenly asked, causing Yuichiro to jump a little.

"S... sure! I love yo- I mean, I'd love to!" Yuu said, slurring his words and turning away. Mika doesn't need to see his blush.

"Great! Why don't we head out now?" Mika asked, grabbing Yuu's hand.

I'm fucked. I'm so fucked.

~~~

"Hey, hey, I wanna show you something!" Mika exclaimed as he ran of the orphanage.

"Mika- Slow down, please, Mika. I'm not in the right shape to be running." Yuichiro said, trailing slowly behind the blonde.

"Oh, alright. Sorry 'bout that. I'm just reaaallly excited to show you what I'm talking about!" Mika said, winding down his walking speed.

Yuu gave Mika a soft smile. He's just so cute.

"Let's head into the woods, then."

"...The thing you want to show me is in the woods?"

"...Okay, I know it seems weird, but I promise that it's very much worth it."

"...Sure. That's 100% safe."

"Oh, C'mon Yuu-Chan! Trust me!"

"I do trust you. I just don't trust myself to not get lost."

"Just stay behind me. Don't worry."

Yuu sighed. How could he deny such a nice person?

"Alright, I'll make sure to do that." Yuu finally said, holding out his hand.

"Perfect! Follow me~" Mika said, grabbing Yuu's hand and dragging him along.

And so they walked.

Nature looks very beautiful in the mornings, Yuu realised. The sound of animals and insects that fill the air really does match the calm atmosphere that the trees and plants give off.

~~~

Before long, Mika stopped in front of a circular lake.

"Here we are!" He said, turning around to face Yuu.

Yuichiro looked around.

Soft, green grass surrounded the lake. The lake itself was also very beautiful, with water that was crystal clear and soft ripples that softened the glow of the morning sunlight. It looked like something out of a fairytale.

Yuu smiled. This truly was a mythical place.

"Sit down, Yuu-chan. The grass is soft!" Mika sait, patting the greenery next to him.

"What? But it's dirty!" Yuu answered, false disgust in his voice.

"Oh, c'mon. It's just a little dirt."

"No thanks."

"But Yuu-Chan!"

"Nope."

"Please!"

"......"

"Pleeaaaase!"

"...fine."

Yuu plopped down crossed-legged on the grass next to Mika, who was grinning from ear to ear.

Stupid Mika, with his adorable smile and kind personality-

"...Hey, Yuu-chan? Can I say something?" Mika asked, blush forming on his cheeks.

"Of course, what is it?" Yuu asked, worried.

"Well... Oh god, how do i say this? I... I've liked you for a long time." Mika said, fidgeting with his fingers.

"Hm? Well, same here. I've liked you for a long time too? That's why we're friends, right?" Yuichiro answered, confused.

"What? No, no! Yuu-Chan, that's not what I mean't. When... When I say that I like you, I don't mean it platonically-" Mika froze for a second and took in a deep breath.

"What I mean is, Yuichiro Ichinose, I love you. Will you be my boyfriend?" Mika said, voice wavering.

Yuichiro stopped moving for a second.

Waitwaitwait, really? This can't be real. How the hell did this happen??

"W- I- Oh my god." Yuu slurred.

"...Y-Yuu-Chan? I'm sorry if this is too sudden, I don't need you to like me back, I just needed to tell you before the guilt of not saying anything made me explode." Mika explained, blushing madly.

"What? Nonono, I love you too and really really want to be your boyfrined! It's just that, I can't believe you confessed to me! I was certain that I would be the one doing it." Yuu babbled.

"W-wait, really? You like me back?"

"Yes! I probably like you a lot more than you realise!"

"H- Oh my god, I can't believe it! I'm so happy!" Mika yelled, wrapping Yuu in a warm hug.

Yuu chuckled quietly.

They stayed like that for a while, enjoying each others embrace, before Mika pulled away.

"We... should probably start heading back. Wouldn't want Krul to worry." Mika said, blushing.

"Yeah, you're probably right." Yuu replied.

Intertwining their fingers, they headed back to the orphanage.