Chapter 4

Dangerous Chapter 4

RIIIING!

Yuu was shocked awake, opening his eyes only to realise that it was just the alarm clock.

Dammit, why is it so loud?

Yuu got up and brushed his teeth, ate breakfast, put on his contacts, and got dressed before leaving the house.

He said hi to his friends and got on the bus.

~~~

Yuu walked into his homeroom and sat down like usual.

Where's Mika? Was the first thing he thought when he saw the blondes empty desk.

Yuu looked around.
There was no sign of him.

That girl over there, she goes to the same orphanage as Mika.

Yuu walked over to the brown haired girl.

"Yuichiro-kun?" the girl asked.

"Hi, Akane-San"

"Just 'Akane' is fine."

"Alright then, Akane."

Yuu scratched the back of his neck, shuffling a bit on his feet while going over in his head what he was going to say.

"Uh... I was wondering if Mika was alright? He doesn't seem to be here..."

"Oh, yeah. About that. Mika told me to tell you that he won't be coming to school today. He caught a cold."

A cold? Maybe I should go take care of him... or at least check up on him...

Before Yuu could ask if he was allowed to go to the orphanage, the bell rang.

~~~

Classes are finally over for now.

Yuu spotted a familiar brown haired maiden walking out of a classroom. Yuu's eyes shone as he dashed towards her.

"Yuu?"

"H....hi Akane...!" Yuichiro replied, panting.

"Did you want to talk about something?"

"Yeah... I was wondering if I could come with you to the orphanage? I want to check up on Mika and meet his 'family'" Yuu said, finally catching his breath.

Akane paused for a moment, thinking over her answer.

" Are you sure about that? You might catch the cold as well." Akane said.

"I am 100% okay with that." Yuu said. His friends' health was more important than his own.

"Alright then, if you really want to."

Yuu nodded at Akane and said a quick 'goodbye'.

I hope Mika's alright...

Yuu walked to the Cafeteria and sat down at his usual place, feeling slightly lonelier when he saw the empty seat beside him.

~~~

Ah~! The boring school day is over!

Yuu stretched his arms over his head, groaning.

Hm... I wonder where i'll meet Akane?

Yuu decided to wait at the school gate, since she would have to pass by there.

He then spotted the brown ponytailed girl, walking towards the gate on her own.

"Akane!"

Yuu jogged over to her and Akane smiled. She gestured for him to follow her.