Chapter 9

Yuichiro sat alone in the dark cell.

Silent.

It wasn't a very fun experience for him, being locked up in an unfamiliar building and all.

He sat there for a moment, the panic in his chest rising and falling alongside his breath.

Then, the sudden sound of footsteps filled Yuichiro's ears.

Yuu's heartpace quickened, as beads of sweat formed on his forehead.

Fuck, He thought. Please, don't come back.

Two loud knocks echoed from the exit door.

"Oh, Yuu~ I have a little something I need to do!" He heard someone say.

The creaking of a door was heard, as light from the outside flooded in.

Yuu growled, eyes stalking the silver haired man's every move.

"Oh, would you look at those murdurous eyes~ It seems that you still haven't learned your place!" The man then said, smirking at the raven haired boy.

The man then held up something rectangular. It looked almost like a burner phone.

The man flipped it open and punched in some numbers, pressing the call button right after.

"Shall I teach you where your place is?"

~~~

Guren felt his phone vibrating in his pocket, as he closed the house door behind him.

'Unknown number'? That can't be safe. Guren thinks, staring at the caller ID. Then again, it could be another scam artist. If it is, I can waste their time and maybe even bring them to jail.

Guren first accepted the call, before opening up the audio recording app and putting the call on speaker.

"Hello?" He said, phone right in front of his mouth.

"Hello~ " The voice of the man on the other end said, speaking in the sweetest manner possible.

"Who are you and why are you calling this number?" Guren replied, making sure that he sounded as strict as possible.

"Who I am isn't important, but what I have may be!" The man on the other side said, giggling.

Guren froze.

"Who do you think you are? Do you know who I am?" Guren said, voice stiffer this time. He didn't have the time to chat.

"Once again, information that you don't need! But I have something that you want, so listen to me before I do something that you wont like~" The man on the other end said. If Guren could see what the man looked like, he guessed that he wore a sly smirk.

"...What do you mean?" Guren replied. He cursing himself silently as the words fell from his mouth, remembering that he wasn't supposed to let his guard down.

"Oh~ So you're interested! Very well, i'll let you have a sneak peak~" The man said. Guren then heard footsteps echoing across the floor before a metallic click. "Oh, child, why don't you say something to your dearest father~"

Guren heard mumbling from the other side of the call.

"....Oi, kid. Speak, before I do unfavourable things to you." The man on the other end said stiffly. His voice seemed to change completely as he said those harsh words, and it sent a shiver down Guren's spine.

He heard the chiming of keys and the release of a lock.

Then, footsteps echoed through the phone, along with a loud thump and a scream.

"Ow!" A voice yelped.

A voice that sounded... eerily familiar.

A voice that belonged to Guren Ichinose's precious son, Yuichiro Ichinose.

"What are you doing??" The man screamed, panic rising up into his throat. He'd never thought that someone would kidnap his son.

He was a pretty well known police officer; he used to be head of investigations, after all.

"Say something, you brat. I know you want to; you care about your family and friends, after all." The man on the other end said, landing another kick onto his son.

"...Fine. Father, please, be careful. Don't hurt yourself." A raspy voice on the other end replied, on the verge of tears.

The man giggled. Guren feels bile move up into his throat, and he has to swallow before it reaches his mouth.
The man on the other end disgusted him. He had kidnapped his son, but he was laughing. It was dispicable.

"What do you want?" Guren asked the man, trying to remain composed.

"No need for the strictness, Guren~ Oh, by the way, we want 650,000,000 yen (roughly 6 million USD) in exchange for your son." The man said, in the most carefree tone possible.

650,000,000 yen? That's a lot of money.

Guren sat there, clutching the phone tightly.

"...Alright. Where do we meet?" Guren replied, voice calm as he spoke.

"Ah~ Yes. We'll meet at the bus station near the large mountain, alright? Don't worry, we're not gonna hurt you~"

I don't know how much I can trust that.

"Well, I have other things to attend to, so I'll be leaving now~ We'll meet tomorrow at six AM, alright~?"

Guren heard a short shift and a buzz from his phone, as the other man disconnected the call.

Guren sat there for a moment, thinking to himself.

He could feel the terror building up in side him, but he chose to swallow it down and stay calm. He was a police officer, after all. He knew that panicking wouldn't help.

But he panics regardless.

~~~

Yuichiro tried not to scream out (whether in anger or in terror, he isn't sure.). His father, who was usually so calm and composed, seemed to terrified when the silver haired man talked about Yuu. He wanted to go over and grab the man by the neck and yell in his face about how disrespectful he was being. But once the man turned back to him with his disgustingly sweet smile, his heart froze in fear.

"Oh, my~ You look oh-so-scared, my dear Yuichiro!" the man said, giggling as he looked at Yuichiro's frightened face. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you. At least, not until i need to. I could use you, after all."

Yuu froze in place. Use him? what could he mean by that?

"Well, off i go. There are a few things I need to take care of before i meet your parents~"

And with that, the man left, leaving Yuichiro drowning in his own thoughts.