Chapter-9

Varun's Pov

"What?Are you sure?"I asked her.

"Yes Varun,I am sure.Please come fast I am at central mall."She cut the call abruptly.

I rubbed my forehead out of frustration.

"Preeti,be strong.I will be there with in few minutes"I said to myself.

"Bharat!"I shouted and he came running to me.

"Sir!"He looked so much worried.

"Is everything okay sir,"He looked at me curiously.

"I have to go and take care.I am taking all the evidences with me."I picked my phone and checked my revolver.

I got into my jeep quickly and went to the place she mentioned in the call . my eyes searched everywhere,every corner of the mall.I couldn't find her anywhere.My heart got panicked.

Where is she?!She is not picking my call and her phone is not accessible.I felt like calling my battalion before that I want to check the mall once again.

I am searching everywhere.There I saw my girl.I got relieved and almost ran to her.She looks so worried and crying profoundly.

"Preeti,Preeti"I went to her an hugged her tightly.

"Varun,Varun!"She hugged me back crying bitterly.

"Is everything okay Preeti!"I cupped her face and kissed her forehead.I got carried away and kissed her all over her face.I don't know how I did such a silly mistake.I saw few flashing their cameras.I sighed and withdrew her from my hug.

I glared at them and they stopped picturing us with their cell cameras.

I took her to near by restaurant and made her sit.I can't bear her silence . She is not my Preeti who is witty yet sensitive,Who is smart and deeply in love with me.I am looking at a new Preeti whose eyes are filled with anger and shedding tears.

"What had happened Preeti"I caught her hand and kissed her knuckles.

"He slapped me."She said gazing at the floor.

"What?!"Her answered raised my anger to peaks.I want to pummel him to death.

"Who is he?What does he want?"I asked her clenching my fist and gritting my teeth.

"May be Rajesh Mehra's friend"She answered without looking into my eyes.

I felt overwhelming guilt.Amn't I responsible for this?Am I?I looked away.For the very first time I am facing something like this.No one yet touched my people they know the consequences but even after hearing Varun's name how can they do this to my Preeti?!I banged the table with my fist.

"Varun,he slapped me twice."She said closing her eyes heaving a sigh.

"I am sorry Preeti"I felt an urge to hug her and kiss her passionately.

"He was asking about evidences.They were threatening me to ask you to stay away from this case."She said looking into my eyes.

"He asked me about CCTv footage and those documents you retrieved from the showroom.He even asked me about watchman, his where abouts?"She said slowly whispering.

"I am sorry Preeti" I wiped a tear escaped from my eyes.

"Let's go from here Varun"She lifted her head and looked into my eyes.

Her eyes are so red and her face is tear stained clenched my heart.

Why her?Why they targeted her?How can they stoop so low to slap and threaten a girl for evidences.How can't they?!

"Varun!"My thoughts got interrupted by her.She is calling my name affectionately.

"Varun!"She called me again.

I tried to smile yet I can't give her my best smile which I would love to.

I took her to my flat and we entered without a word.We both sat on the couch.She looked at me with a pale face.I embraced her into a big warm hug,We snuggled close to each other . She placed her head in my lap and slept on couch.We stayed there for half an hour.

Suddenly we ran out of words.Aren't we the same Varun and Preeti who love to smile and laugh in each other's presence.I felt an urge to break this silence.

"Preeti!" I called her name slowly.

"Varun"She opened her eyes slowly and looked at me.

"Are you angry with me?"I asked her.

She gave a pale smile and placed her hand on my cheek.

"Why do you think so?"She cooed.

"Because....."I trailed of I don't know what to say.

"I love you Varun" She stood up on knees and kissed my lips softly.

I couldn't retain myself more.I too gave her a sweet lingering passionate kiss.

"I love you Preeti"I hugged her.

"I know what are you going through.I promise you that I won't make you feel guilty.I will stay strong.It was my fault completely.I should've told you about my visit to mall.I am sorry varun"She gave a shock with her words.

I looked at her jaw slacked.

"What?"I asked her crouching my eyebrows.

"Yes Varun,I know how much you adore those stars and how much you love to wear this uniform.I saw you sacrificing our love for this.I did a mistake by becoming an abstrucle your way last time.I don't want to repeat my mistake this time.I love you Varun and My love should be your strength not your weakness."She spoke as softly as she can.

Is she the same girl whom I called mad,Silly and immature.I kissed her again without  wasting a second .

She blushed hard and I hugged her tightly.

"I promise you this won't happen again.I won't let any of those b*st*rds do any harm to you.Believe me.I am going to kill them with my bare hands"I looked at her with a serious face clenching my fist.

"I know you well Varun.I trust you more than myself"She smiled.

"You haven't ate anything.You might be hungry"I said and stood up.

"I will prepare dinner for both of us"I declared and she smiled again.

Her mobile started ringing and she looked at me with a pale face.

"Varun!"She showed me her mobile and it's her brother and my bestie Anurag.

"Pick up!"I assured her. She lifted the call and kept it in speaker mode.

"Hello!"She spoke in a tender tone.

"What the hell you were doing with him at the mall?!Come home fast.Dad wants to talk to you now"He yelled and cut the call abruptly

I turned on the TV.Some one has shared those pictures to media.

"Damn!"I cursed them.