Chapter-18

Preeti's POV

I opened my eyes and found myself lying on my bed.I am in my room and I am feeling very giddy.I looked at mom and dad who are looking at me curiously.I tried to remember what happened before.Some one hit me on my head and a guy saved me from those people.I didn't see his face but I vaguely remember that he took me to hospital.

But why I am here at home?Who brought me here?I looked straight into my mom's eyes.She looked at me affectionately.

"Are you okay?!"Mom asked me placing her hand on my cheek.

"Yes" I tried to look at my mom,tried to shake my head.

"Ah...!"I felt a sharp pain in my head.

I tried to touch my head and I found a bandage wrapped over my head.

I tried to look myself in the mirror of the dressing table.I saw my head completely shaved and bandage wrapped around my head.It seems I have undergone some sort of surgery or something.

"You got narrowly escaped from a dangerous accident,by God's grace it was a very superficial injury.You got almost seven to eight sutures there" Mom caught my hand and placed it below the nape gently.I pressed my fingers on my head gently and I recognised it was the place which I was hit by those guys.

I recognised a sort of numbness there.

I closed my eyes and few tears escaped from my eyes.I wonder why I am thriving for my life though my Varun is no more.I chuckled at the thought.

"Oh god!" I looked at dad who is trying hard to hide his pain behind his eyes, under his pursed lips.

How lucky I am to have such a wonderful supporting family.I later learnt that Varun's parents were also there at the hospital.They will visit me tomorrow.I got overwhelmed for their love.

"Varun why did you leave me?"

"Mom!"I opened my arms wide asking for a hug.

Mom gave a warm hug and dad came to me and stood beside me patting my hair.My eyes searched for my brother, He was there at a corner looking at me with moist eyes, I nodded at him to come to me,he took a second to budge,to take his first step.

He walked to me with a heavy heart and smiled at me,a wan smile.

"You frightened all of us"He caught my ear playfully.

"I am sorry!"I caught his hand and clashed mine with him.

"Shut up"Mom gave a fake warning.

"You were on bed for a day."Anurag said sadly.

"Really?!"I looked at him raising my eyes brows.

"Yes"Mom nodded.

"We aren't allowed here to stay here some more time.Don't strain her.She came back to conscious just few minute ago"Dad said in his very own authoritative voice.

"Yes"Mom and Anurag said one after other nodding their heads.

A smile creeped on my lips seeing their sweet gesture.I realized how much my family loves me.Even now a part of my heart wants Varun to be sound and alive.I closed my eyes lying on bed.

Flashes of memories,I tried to remember the face of the guy who saved me.

How did he reach me in time.It was almost a deserted area.

I remember his face very vaguely.

Why did I think he is Varun?!

Why so?!

But my conscious can't deceive me.

He is my Varun.

If he is my Varun,then why would he hide from everyone.

He is not a guy who hides from everyone.He never plays such tricks. He fight with people on face.

I felt the same sharp pain in my head.I held my head and closed my eyes.

I later learnt that my parents took me to my home despite doctor's warning.

They are worried about my safety.

Dad almost brought all those  sophisticated hospital equipments to home.He doesn't want me to stay there at hospital anymore surely not after the incident that happened a couple of days.

I was confined to my room for a week almost.They took all the electronic devices,gadgets including my phone and laptop without any mercy.I got super irritated by their over protective behaviour.I definitely need a distraction to keep myself away from brooding over the death of my Varun.Now I have no choice  except remembering those beautiful moments we both shared.I kept on thinking about Varun all the time.

Though I am really intrigued about the case Dad strictly asked me to keep quiet for atleast a week.He told me that he will surely inform me if any positive out come was there.

Anurag was there with me all the time and he is trying hard to bring out his young jovial sister who adores her family soon much.

Finally I am relieved to move out of my room.I went to hall and sat there on the couch and switched on the TV.

What I saw is which I couldn't expect.

"Mr.Rajesh Mehra" who is thriving for his life at hospital was caught by police.

Finally he got arrested.But how?!

A smile danced on my lips.

I learnt that something is happening behind us,behind these cameras.

Surely someone is behind this.He is so clever and doing things hiding himself in Vail.But who will be he?!

He leaked those tapes to Media.He was the one who recorded my conversation with Minister.

He saved me from the goons.He admitted me to hospital.

Now he submitted all those evidences and could finally budge police,higher officials to arrest Rajesh.

Is he the same guy?!

I am confused now.

Who it may be?

Do I know him?

But I am really happy for one thing.

Who ever doing it,he is doing a great job.Finally Arpita got justice.

I drifted into sleep soon...

To be continued....