Chapter-20

Preeti's POV

I drove to Mr.Brijesh Mehra's house.I am standing infront of the main gate.I didn't hesitate to get in but I saw media waiting for Mehra eagerly.

Now what happened?!

I walked to one of the reporters and asked him what had happened.

What has he confessed definitely shocked me.

There was income tax ride in his house.

Officers searched for that money he made illegally.

They found more than 600 crores on his names which was earned illegally.

Everyone there thinks it's was planned by   one of those ruling party members who are against him,his polices.

It seems they have waited for this time.

They want to attack him in all ways both morally,emotionally and economically.

He has lost his fame because of Rajesh,Rajesh was on headlines everyday for the thing he did.He killed a girl brutally for a silly reason,it's because he rejected him,his love.

He lost his son in an accident few hours ago,He is undergoing the toughest phase emotionally.His life is almost a question now,He lost every hope in his life.

Now these officers took away the money from him.He has nothing with him now

A smile appeared on my lips

He deserve s this, He truly deserves this pain.I badly wanted to see his face.

I am waiting for him along with this press.I wanted to congratulate those who ever planned this.I badly wanted to see him and meet him.

Finally he came out,He looks so dull and his face is void of any emotions but his eyes are bearing all the pain.They are gloomy and they are brooding over his son's death.

I got pity on him for a second, who ever he may be loosing his child in front of his eyes is never an acceptable and easy task.I never wanted Rajesh to be killed but he got what karma repaid to him.

Mr.Mehra's appearance before Media made media excited, it tried to capture everyoment of him with a hawk eye.

They started bombarding series of questions about Rajesh's death.

The most asked question is

"Was it just an accident or do you think it as a murder?"

He didn't say anything but heaved a heavy sigh.He tried to skip the answer by   saying that the case in court and he can't talk about it now

Yet these journalist hasn't left him

They started bombarding questions about the IT dept raid.

"What do you say about the raid?"

"How did you make this much money in this short span?This was the quote given by you at the time of elections,exactly two years back?"

He tried to skip this too.

Several questions,several questions were posed by those journalists.

All those successfully irritated Mr.Mehra.

He is in the verge of resigning the ministry. Ruling Party wants to suspend him even for the damage done by him to it's reputation.

I looked at him keenly again.How things have changed.It is the same place where I stood in front of the gate asking me to let in to meet this Ruth less politician but now he is available to everyone all the time.

I wanted to leave the place immediately as I felt very uncomfortable to stay there for some more time.

I took a deep breathe and did it.

I was about to start my vehicle but I felt this mysterious guy's presence again.

I felt jolts in my spine for a second.

I took a deep breathe and tried to calm down my racing heart.

I am fiddling with the key and he is moving towards me in the mob.

I looked around and found nothing and none suspicious.

I gulped in fear,Now he is just a five feet away from me.Why my heart is saying he is my Varun.He is still wearing those stupid goggles.

I blinked my eyes twice, thrice and gulped down my saliva again.

What if he is Varun?

What if he is not Varun?

Several questions which I have no answer for them.

He removed his goggles revealing his eyes,a pair of powerful magnetic eyes.They are startling.

"Varun" My lips spelt his name and my eyes became wet looking at him.I smiled madly, My Varun is back.

I took two steps ahead and looked at the guy standing infront of me.

I smiled at him wiping my tears

I was about to hug him and melt in his arms.Such a pleasant surprise.A sweet surprise for my life.

"No!Shh!" He placed his finer on my lips and stopped me gesturing at me to calm down.I nodded and looked at him for a moment.I Want to hug him and kiss him.I missed him soon much.

"What?!"I barely whispered.He shocked me truly with this act of disapproval.

"Stay away, Don't drag media's attention unnecessarily" He warned in a harsh tone.He looks so angry at me.What did I do,nothing?!

I didn't do anything but I don't want to say a word against him,so simply nodded at him.

"I  will come and meet you soon" He whispered in my ear.

A smile danced on my lips.

My Varun is alive and I don't want to hear anything.

I don't want to pay a heed to those words by this society.

What matters to me is Varun.

He disappeared in the very next second while I took a second to access the situation.

"Oh God!" I passed my fingers into my hair

I went to my Scooty and was about to start it.But someone caught my scooty's keys,to be frank they literally grabbed from my hand.

I looked at them with a baffled face.

"We know you are behind all this!"He accused me.

"We know,it's you" Another caught my sleeve and tried to drag me into his car.I resisted him and punched him on face with other hand.

"Varun" I mumbled his name.

"No one will rescue you from us" He laughed sarcastically.

I got down and started running from there. I ran for few minutes still they are following,Finally I reached a mall.

Still they are not ready to leave me.

I ran further and collided against a rocky
Chest.I closed my eyes tightly out of fear.He caught my waist and slowly lifted my chin with his finger.

"Varun" I hugged him instantly.

They,Mr.Mehra's men disappeared quickly,in the very next second.

"We need to go away from here" Varun caught my sleeve and dragged me out of the mall.

To be continued...

#2 in short story

Thank you soon much

Hope you are enjoying the story

Please do vote and comment.

Thanks a lot.