Chapter-21

Varun's POV

"Varun"Preeti woke up twitching from deep sleep. I smiled at her heartily.I dragged her from mall and took her here.She slept in my car while I am taking her to this flat.I still wonder how did she drift into sleep that quickly.

I examined her face,She lost her charm and her skin looked so pale.Her face is so gloomy and she weighed so light.I know she is not eating and sleeping properly.My heart clenched to see her like this.I kissed her forehead quickly.

"Varun" She looked at me.

"Preeti" I cupped her face and kissed her forehead.

"Are you alive?!"She looked at me shockingly.

"Yes" I nodded.

"Really?!" She moved her fingers from my forehead to chin.

"Preeti,I am fine" I kissed her knuckles.

"Thank god" She gasped and cried holding my hands.

"Calm down Preeti" I caressed her hair.

"I missed you a lot.I was lost completely.I lost all my hopes" She looked into my eyes and said genuinely.

"Me too!"I whispered.

"I love you" She stood on her knees and hugged me.

"I love you Preeti,I missed you soo much"I hugged her tightly.

"Where have you been all these three months?!" She asked me nuzzling her nose with mine.

"I was shot and all those officers took me to hospital.There I gained conscious soon the bullets were removed from my body in the operation theatre.There I met a doctor who was my classmate in my childhood.He is one of those friends whom I can trust and very loyal to me.I told him what had happened and asked him to help me.I soon contacted DG sir and he asked me to implement this plan"I took a deep breathe.

"What?!"She looked at me crouching her eyebrows.

"Yes!"I nodded.

"Oh my god!" She face palmed.

"I am sorry"I mouthed,I can see she is hurt.Her eyes are accusing my act but I am helpless.I know,I saw her suffering and crying at my death.She has gone through a lot in these three months.The thought made me chock.

I looked away and continued

"He was ready to help me.He took a body from martury and made everyone believe that its me.He did performed autopsy to it and gave it to my parents. Media too posted my pics in coffin conforming my death.It was kept secret and we were instructed not to leak it at any cost." I looked at her.

"But why to fake your death?!" She looked so surprised.

"It's like a stringent operation,Actually it is the plan suggested by our DG sir as he suspects few men in our police are helping Brijesh.If I fake my death,I can go anywhere and I can gather some evidences against him in civil dress.My death news will surely relaxes the enemy.That's what we want"I looked at her,She nodded.

"It's simply a trick to divert his attention.Actually Brijesh is a criminal for whom our department is searching for years. He faked his name and now he became a minister committing a series of crimes.You know he is involved in money laundering and women trafficking too.He is also a main suspect in Drug supply. Everyone,Every single human who suffered because of him is waiting for the perfect time to see his end."I confessed her everything.

"Where were you all these days"She closed her eyes once letting all those  tears flow.

"I am here,here in this flat hiding from all of you.I gathered many evidences against him and I will submit them to DG sir in few days."I answered her.

"So you were keeping an eye on my activity all these days?!You were literally stalking me?!"She asked me with a pale face which is void of any emotion.

I don't know how would she react to my answer.What should I say?!

An Yes?!Or A No.

If I say Yes she will be angry at me for stalking her hiding the thing from her.If I say No,She will blame me for leaving her in risk,to her fate.

"Yes or No?!"She dragged me from my thoughts asking me choose on among them.

I didn't say but nodded at her.

"So you are the one who helped me,my friend in retrieving the CCtv footage at Brijesh's house.So you were the one who leaked those clips where he is threatened me to media?!"She looked at me.

She is keeping herself so calm.I felt very weird about her behaviour.Why do I feel she isn't happy.Her eyes are still gloomy.I gulped my saliva in fear.It's not that I am afraid of her but it hurts me a lot to see her sad.

"Yes!"I answered her briefly.

" If I am not mistaken,It's you,you are the one who saved me from Brijesh's men when I got injured."Her voice is still calm.

"Yes!"I nodded and looked away.

"Do you know what had happened to me after you admitted me to hospital?"She questioned me.

"Yes!"I closed my eyes and nodded at her.

"So you know that I have undergone a surgery and was kept in ICU for two days?!"Her questions are like arrows.

"I were there at the hospital..." I cooed this time.I couldn't meet her eyes.I lowered my gaze and settled it on floor.

"Why didn't you inform me once that you were alive,Do you think I can't keep it as a secret?Don't you trust me?Do you think I am such dumb and immature?!"She asked me slowly yet her voice is dangerously calm.

"It's not like what you think" I mumbled.

"What ever?!"She stood up and took her hand bag.

" Preeti"I shouted her name and went behind her.

She almost reached the main door.

"I won't let you go" I placed my hand between her and the door.

"Varun,Please"She said gritting her teeth.

"I am sorry" I caught my ear with another hand.

"Varun,please" I saw few tears escaping her eyes.

"Please Preeti"I embraced her waist.

"Varun"She yelled.

" I won't let you go"I took her into my arms and snuggled her on bed.

"Preeti,Please try to understand"I sat on my knees while she is lying on the bed.

"Varun, Please.I have to go.We can talk about this latter"She tried to push me away.

"Varun"She screeched my name.

I laughed at her antics.

She is looking damn cute.

I leaned a bit and kissed her.

She is resisting me so hard but I didn't give up,finally she gave up.