Chapter-23

Varun's POV

I wore my Uniform after a long time.I got separated from it for almost four months.I didn't wore those Stars on my shoulder for a long time.I looked at my cap with pride.I took a selfie and send it my sweetheart.She didn't reply.

I felt sad,I smiled at the thing what I did yesterday. Hope she saw those flowers and card.I couldn't stop myself more,I called her at the very next second.

She didn't pick the call twice.I didn't give up,I tried again and this time she picked the call.

"Hello" She spoke as she doesn't know my number.

Her second sentence shocked me even more"May I know whom do you want?"I clenched my jaw in anger.

"Preeti"I called her gritting my teeth.

"Yes,Who is this?!"She raised my temper to peaks.

"Varun"I said stressing each and every alphabet in my name.

"Oh!Varun"She said very casually without any excitement in her voice.

Didn't she see those flowers?What about the Sorry card?! I questioned myself.

"Tell me Varun,Why did you call me?"She asked me with full of recklessness in her voice.

"I am going to office today wearing my uniform after four long months.Today is the day of my rejoining"I confirmed.

"Oh!Great"She said as it doesn't matter to her at all.I clenched my fist in anger.

"Preeti" I called her affectionately with all my patience.Is she still angry with me.I am really missing her a lot.I have already waited four long months to meet her,now she is there in front of me but she is treating me like a stranger.It hurts ,it hurts a lot.

Why can't she understand what I did is as a part of my profession.

"Yes!Tell me quickly Varun,I am really busy now.I have to submit this project today itself."She said very normally,so plainly.

I really wanted to see her once before I go to my office but I dropped my idea hearing her response.

"Bye Preeti"I cut the call abruptly.

I closed my eyes and looked at my reflection in the mirror.

My face became red and I am controlling my anger.With whom I am angry?With myself?or with Preeti?I don't know but I couldn't digest her ignorance.She can't shun my presence.I am hurt deeply.It reminded me the day when I wore this uniform for the very first time.

I felt very lonely on that day.I took a deep breathe and left my house talking blessings from my parents.

Finally I reached my office.Bharath greeted me and I gave a hug breaking the rules.Sometimes rules has to be relaxed.May be I should've told my Preeti that I am alive.May be I was correct.It's a kind of moral dilemma.

I walked to my cabin and looked around for once.I went to my chair and sat in it.

I checked my table.A card dragged my attention.I took it into my hand and read it.

"Happy to see you in Uniform after a long time.By the way you look so cute when you purse your lips in anger"

I smiled instantly.

I know Preeti kept it here.Then why did she talked to me on phone like that.

I called her immediately.

"Hello"She lifted the call.

"Preeti"I chuckled.

"Varun"She is resisting hard to stop a chuckle.

"What is this?!"I tried to sound so calm.

"What?!"She tried to sound a bit serious.

"Do I look so cute when I purse my lips in anger?!"I asked calmly trying to stop these chuckles and snickers.

"Who told you that?!"She asked whether it's a compliment?!

"It's none of your business,tell me whether it is true or not?!"I asked her again.

"None of my business, if then why did you call me?You should've called that person who gave that stupid compliment to you?Such a lame compliment. Do any one look cute in anger!"She faked anger.

"That's why I called this stupid girl who gave that stupid compliment"I laughed.

"What?!"She whisper yelled.

"You can't call it a lame compliment."I pouted.I know she can't see my expression.If yes she would defenitely pinch my cheek.

"Who send you that card?!"She demanded.

"My Fiancé"I smiled.

" Me?!"She said hesitantly.

"Don't you dare to pretend that you didn't send me that card?"I smiled madly.

"I didn't"She said sternly.

"Come on Preeti"I begged this time.

"Even I got a Sorry card and few flowers in the morning, Did I ask you who send those to me?!Did I ask whether you send it to me" She laughed.

"So you saw them?Finally!"I am really excited.

"Yes,I did.Why do you think I can't see them?"She questioned.

"Nothing"I shook my head.

"Even I saw the guy who placed them in my room,He was thriving to see me.He sneaked into my room and kissed my knuckles,forehead with all his love.His eyes are startling,He even jumped from our balcony thinking that he would disturb my sleep.He is such a sweet guy."She said at a stretch making me smile,blush.

I couldn't stop blushing,My cheeks are as red as shimla apples.Jeez!Am I blushing?What did this girl do to me?She is such a magic!She is such a temptation!I cursed my thoughts.

It took a second to realise that I am in my office,in my cabin.

I gasped some air.

"Really?!" I teased her.

"Yes"She said sternly.

"Then who is it?!" I teased her more.

"Rahul?!"She said laughing.

"What?!"I freaked.

"No no no,It's not Rahul,I saw his face very vaguely.I think it's Kiran"She burst into huge laughter.

"Shut up"I shouted.

"My Bf is feeling so jealous, I could smell the smoke here"She is laughing crazily.

"You....I won't leave you"I can't stop laughing aloud.

"Really?!"She teased me.

"Yes"I nodded stubbornly.

"I will see.."She said tempting me.

"Sure,you have to"I warned her.

"Who else would?!"Her voice became so husky.

"We have to cut the call otherwise..."I paused.

"Ah...Yes"I heard her sighing.

"Love you"I cut the call thinking what if she was here in front of me.

"LOVE YOU TOO VARUN"She said slowly.

"Take care,Meet you at the evening"I cut the call and got back to work with a smile.

To be continued..