Chapter-14

Varun's POV

Everything is fine after a long time.I finally convinced her parents and my parents are really happy about my decision.We did it and now we are couple finally.I was never this much happy not even when I achieved my goal,this happiness is purely a bliss and incomparable with anything.

I stopped the car looking at the signal and looked at the vehicles standing there at the junction.Suddenly I saw a car behind me through the mirror.I saw Rajesh with his friend who slapped my Preeti.I saw some other too in the back seat.I clenched my fist and at the moment I just wanted to get down and catch him but I am struck here in traffic.

Green signal appeared and I am forced to move from there. But a part of me is bugging me to follow him.I stopped my car aside and waited till he crosses my car.The moment his car crossed mine,I got back into my car.

He is driving so speed and I felt hard to catch his speed.Why is he in so much hurry?Is he planning something.I checked the copy of the arrest warrant I kept in my car.I sighed and following him.

After sometime I guessed that he is heading towards the airport.Oh god!He is going to escape.How can he manage officials there air port.Did his father bought them all with his money. Or he planned something else.Ah!I banged  the steering in disgust.I felt useless.I have power in my hand.I crossed all the hurdles and fought with all the people including my higher officials to get this paper. But all went in vain.He is escaping,escaping for ever.

I can't let him go.I closed my eyes for a second before getting down from my car.Right now I am at the airport about to step down.Flashes of memories,Arpita's innocent face and her parents innocent faces appeared in front of me.

Its my duty to do justice to that innocent soul.I have to.I stepped down and checked my revolver.I grabbed my identity and warrant letter.I walked and in and looked for him all over.

There he is.I found him with a girl and guy.Now who are they.I felt like I have seen that girl once.I tried to remember where I have seen her.Atlast I reminded myself that where I have seen her.She is an ex-minister's daughter.Why is she with him?I observed them for few more minutes and their body languages shows evidently that they both are a couple and they are in a relationship.

Oh God!Why are you complicating this case Pretty much.My guess turned into a hard core reality its clear that many more big heads are involved in this case.My eyes started reading his expressions.He is fine and moreover he looks so happy.My blood boiled at the sight. How can he look so cool?Isn't he feeling any guilty?Such a true b*sta*d he is?At this moment I want to kill him with my bare hands.

I called Bharath and asked him to send few officers here. I positioned myself and waiting for his right move.Few of the officials there taught me as an anti social element and started questioning me.I have expected this.I know few of them are either bribed or threatened.If not how will they catch me alone long these many people. I didn't do anything except observed him for a while.It's confirmed now it's beyond what I have imagined and thought.I need to think big.I felt ashamed for committing such a big mistake.

I showed them my identity,warrant letter and my purpose to come there.

He moved from there and went for checking.I clenched my jaw and shouted at them.At last they released me.I was about to go to him.But something stopped me.I felt a sharp pain in my ribs. I collapsed there on the floor.I looked at my hands and saw red liquid all over my hand.

Ah!Someone shot me.Damn!I stomped my foot and looked around.I took a deep sigh and looked at the guy who shot me.He is smiling like a mad guy.He is a paid killer,contract killer whom we are searching fervently.Ah!My I'll fate.He smirked raising my temper.I want to live at least to kill this guy.I won't leave them.I will show them hell.

I saw Bharath coming towards me.I was thriving there in the pool of blood for him to turn up.Few of the airport officials are shouting at me something which I haven't heed at all.My eyes and my senses are reluctant to see and observe others they glued on Rajesh.He left killing all my hopes,throwing all my efforts in vain.Tears escaped from my eyes, probably this is the very first time I am crying in my whole life.I succumbed to despair.I closed my eyes leaving everything aside.I am nothing but a living corpse.

Rajesh left this country,which I haven't expected. Today the laws which I believed since my childhood proved me wrong.They killed my trust on this system.The system which I believed more than myself made me lie on the floor in the pool of blood thriving for my life.I thought about my mom,my dad and my very own Preeti.I saw her tantalizing smile.She will be waiting for me.

"I am sorry Preeti" I want to say these words to her if possible,if I am alive.

"Will she ever forgive me?!"I mumbled

"Varun"

"Varun"

"Get up!Varun"

I am hearing someone screaming my name  continuously and I tried to open my eyes slowly.

I  couldn't.I tried and tried till I lost all my energy.

What all I can feel is black,nothing else.

What all I can here is someone screaming my name continuously.

I gave up finally...

.............

A Short update... this all I could update.

Do vote and comment

See you with a long one this time.

Thank you