Chapter-15

#3 in Short story...Thank you soon much.

Preeti's POV

I came back from hospital and shut the door.I collapsed there on the floor.I heard mom and dad shouting my name outside.I took a deep breathe and heaved a sigh of despair.Why this happened?!Why?!I burst out into tears.I am feeling suffocated.I couldn't see.I rubbed my eyes and looked around.

I looked at the thing that lying on the table.I went to it and looked at my favourite perfume.It was gifted by my Varun.I tried to inhale the scent.

"Where are you Varun?!"I shouted placing it back.

"What did you do to me?!How could you leave me all alone?" I looked at his pic in my phone and cried bitterly.

"He passed away" Those words from doctors are still rendering in my ears.

I didn't muster my courage to see his face,his lifeless body.This was the thing which I have frightened all the time. But I am proud of my Varun.He sacrificed his life for his country,for his profession.

But what about me?I never imagined a day would come like this.How can I live with out him?What will I do with out him? I gulped my saliva in fear.

Everything went blank.My dreams got shattered and nothing is left in my life.Still I have to live,live for those people who are out there.My parents,My brother,my friends and my wellwishers need me.But the person whom I don't want to miss even a second in my life is no more.I smiled at myself.No one deserves this pain.

I closed my eyes asking god there to give me some strength. Though I hate to live,I have to live.Such a tough situation no one wants put oneself in.I took a deep breath and looked at Varun's Pic.

"Why did you do that Varun?!" I screamed at him,still no response.

I cried and cried till I get some sleep.

I am feeling alone and I want to sleep desperately.Only sleep has the capacity to snatch away my pain,my agony,my tears.I shut my eyes tightly inviting sleep.

I slept all the night. I don't want to open my eyes again.I want to lie there like that for ever till all my pain and agony drains.

I woke up finally,Everything seemed like a dream,Sudden epiphany of things happened last night struck me so hard.I ran to the door and opened it.

"My Varun is no more" I mumbled at mom who is standing there in front of me with a pale face.

"Are you okay?!" Anurag came running to me and hugged me.

"Preeti!" Dad came and looked at me with painful eyes.

"I am fine" I tried to grin a bit.I know it's not heart full smile yet I succeeded in giving them some hope.

I walked back to my room and went into the wash room.I did all my morning chores and came back to dining table.

Unlike everyday our breakfast went so calm and deadly dangerous?!No one is ready to talk to me,no one here wants to budge me into a conversation.I understood their pain.I smiled forcefully. They saw me like I am an alien or something. I smiled again assuring them  not to worry.

Mom simply left without a word wiping her tears.Dad hugged me and left me.

Anurag walked to me and sat me on his knees.

He said me holding my hands

"I know you miss him.I know you are pretending for us."His voice is so deep and hiding all his pain.

I sighed and wiped those tears gushed out without my permission.

"Don't hide those tears, they will burn you inside.I am your brother and more than that I am your best friend.I too miss him a lot and I know what you are undergoing." He surprised me with his words.

"Bhaiya!"I looked into his eyes.

"I know I was so stubborn and behaved rudely with him.But I never wanted him to suffer like this.I swear I never wanted to loose him,his friendship."He said in a genuine tone.

"I know" I nodded.

"It took sometime for me to accept your relationship but I never wanted you both to suffer,especially you.It hurts" I could see few tears escaping from his eyes.

"Bhaiya" I hugged him and burst into tears. He hugged me for a while and made me sit on couch.We didn't speak anything, We just sat there calmly.

"Do you want to go to office?!" Anurag broke our silence.

"Yes!" I nodded.

"I too suggest you to go to your work.It is the best deviation from all sort of mental disturbances in our life.Best way to relieve our pain in a positive way" He smiled a bit.

I got up and went to my room.I came back from my room with my hand bag and few documents.

Anurag took me to office and left me there at my cabin.

Everything has changed in a day.

Varun used to drop me and  pick me all these days.

Nothing is left expect few beautiful memories.

I don't want my Varun to die.

I can't let my Varun die.

I have to do something.