Chapter 17

James's POV:

She was tackled to the floor with a blade slowly going over her skin. Oh hell no this was not going to happen on my watch. I lunged to my feet only to have Cassy come in front of me. She lashed out with her poisoned claw tipped hand and I Jumped. I blasted her to the wall with my wings and tied her there with vines.

When I looked at Ro on the floor I panicked because the blade was against her throat now and Derek was smirking at me. I stepped forward but the blade dug in and Ro's eyes widened. Tears pricked my eyes but I held up my hands.

"Give me Ro back," I snapped.

"Only on one condition," Derek sneered.

"And what is it?"

"Let Cassy go."

"Only if you let Ro run to me at the same time."

"Okay, 1...2...3!"

Ro ran to me as I let Cassy collapse to the floor. I opened my arms and Ro ran into them shuddering. Derek helped Cassy up and looked at us with pure death in his eyes. My wings encased my queen instinctively and I shot him a glare of pure rage and revenge.

"This isn't over Queen Ro, we'll be back!" Cassy screeched.

''Oh no you won't," said his voice.

All of a sudden two black daggers were slammed through them and their mouths opened in silent screams

All of a sudden two black daggers were slammed through them and their mouths opened in silent screams. As they withered away into mist I saw who was the one that did it. He was tall and lean. He was dressed in an all black leather outfit. His hair was black and he had dark glasses over his eyes.

Then he nodded at me and disappeared.

"Who was that?" Ro asked trembling.

"The Black Assassin."