Chapter 3. Attempted Connection

I think it was about a week later. It was difficult to keep track of the days, given that my sleep schedule was completely out of whack. But, this particular night was different, for the Sakamaki brothers had all gathered for a monthly dinner. Yui and I, of course, were told to attend. And though, the food did look amazing, Yui and I found ourselves at a loss of appetite. Perhaps it was because of the stress from living here. But for me, it seemed like there was another part that was contributing to that. Ever since I coughed up blood that one day, I haven't been feeling the greatest. I haven't thought too much of it, knowing that it's probably just from stress, both mentally and physically.

The brothers were all out of their school uniforms tonight and I have to admit, they each had good tastes in clothing. Ayato was wearing a white shirt that had brown bordering the top and bottom of the shirt with a black jacket and brown scarf. He wore it with blue jeans with a belt attached to both sides of his pants that hang down and go around his pants. Laito was wearing an unzipped blue hoodie with white cuffed sleeves over a striped sweater with sleeves that almost cover his hands and an white dress shirt with a red tie. He wears it with brown pants along with his hat that has a red ribbon around it. Kanato wore a black hoodie vest with a long-sleeved white shirt and red ribbon underneath. The vest's straps extend to his upper arms. He wears this attire with black shorts and red pants bearing a checkered pattern that reach above his knees. Reiji still had his typical suit-like appearance, for he was wearing a grey vest with a black one over a white dress shirt. He wears it with black pants and a black belt. Shu was wearing a light blue sweater over a dark blue shirt with dark pants. And finally Subaru, who was wearing a black jacket with a red shirt underneath which has a brown belt around it. The ends of the red shirt appear to be ripped/shredded. He also wears black jeans and a necklace that is wrapped twice around his neck with a golden or bronze colored key on it.

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt that someone was standing behind Yui and I.

"It doesn't look like you've eaten very much, Little Bitch." Laito's voice said behind us. I jolted and turned back to look at him, just as he leaned in between Yui and I, "You need to eat a well balanced diet, or you'll become anemic. I'd be more than happy to feed you if you'd like." My eyes narrowed, but after a week, I've come to accept that if I fight back, it just gets them going.

"Laito," Reiji called. Laito looked over to him, "It's impolite to stand at the table, while the rest of us are still eating, so please refrain from doing so." Laito straightened himself up.

"Yes, sir," He looked back down to Yui, "But, this conversation isn't over, Little Bitch." He smirked and then returned to his seat. I grabbed my glass and took a sip of water. Suddenly, Shu stood to his feet. Yui and I looked up to him.

"Shu?" Yui asked.

"I can't be bothered with this." He stated, bluntly. Then, he walked out. He left the room and shut the door behind him.

"I've had it with that deadbeat. As a child, he had everything handed to him on a silver platter. This is what happens when kids are spoiled." Reiji said aloud, although I had to assume he was just speaking what was on his mind.

"Teddy," Came Kanato's voice. Yui looked over to him, but I just stared at my glass, looking at him through the reflection, "What would you like to eat next? Let's have a banana snowball, shall we?" He began to stab at his food with his fork, his sadistic chuckles building up to uncontrollable laughter. I took another sip of water.

"He can't even make the effort to attend our monthly dinner party. He won't stay to grace us with his presence." Reiji continued. I set my glass back down, now running my fingertip around the rim, "That will be all for today." Subaru, as though he had been waiting for him to say that, stood up and began to leave the room. Ayato, Laito, and Kanato followed his example and got up to leave. Yui stood to her feet as well, "Wait, just a moment."