Chapter 8. A Dangerous Confession

Some more time went by. The days blurred together, for after this last collapse of mine, I was bedridden for a couple of days. Apparently, Subaru found me out in the garden, unconscious, with the rain still pouring down on me, which was a big reason for my fever. The medicine was able to gain the upper hand of my illness and it came under control yet again.

When I was finally released from my bedroom, for Reiji was quite adamant about me staying in bed, I wandered around, but I was also in search for Yui. However, soon I heard a piano playing. I stopped in my tracks and then looked the direction it was coming from. Laito must be playing. As I made my way to the music room, I saw Yui heading in the same direction.

"Hey, Yui."'I called out to her. She looked my way, acknowledging my presence. I came to her side and we walked to the music room together.

As we entered the room together, we saw Laito, playing at the piano. Just as I guessed.

"Well, hello there, Little Bitch. How very nice to run into you here. It gives me quite a thrill," He stated, his eyes closed, but he was playing perfectly. Yui let out a sigh and she began to approach him. I followed closely. We stopped near the piano and I walked around and watched him play.

"Hey, Laito," Yui said, "We keep seeing a woman in a purple dress," Yui glanced to me, "Who is she?" I looked up as Laito stopped playing, "She's a beautiful woman. With long, flowing hair." Laito opened his eyes. Within a second, I felt two presences behind me. Yui looked up and behind me and I turned around, leaning against the piano.

"Why do you want to know about her?" Ayato asked, "And what are you doing in here? This room  is off limits to you."

"The music room is?" I questioned. He glanced to me and then sighed.

"Ayato...Kanato..." Yui said softly as she looked between the two of them, "Tell us...we need to know. What is your mother's name?" Despite the dream we had about the Sakamaki brothers and their mothers, I could not remember the triplets' mother's name either, "Come on, guys, tell us."

Yui and I were taken aback as we saw the serious looks on each of their faces. I could understand why they wouldn't necessarily think fondly of her. We looked to Ayato.

"Cordelia..." He whispered.

Finally fed up with her endless verbal abuse and controlling them, Ayato finally turned on his mother, Cordelia. He attacked her and wounding her severely. Frightened and in pain, she ran from Ayato, who taunted her and threatened to come after her. Cordelia found Laito and hoped to find help from him. Although a little surprised, Laito had guessed that something like this would happen. The day that one of the triplets would have enough and turn against her. While obvious it would be Ayato, he was pushed to the edge of his limits before Laito or Kanato. Laito assures Cordelia that he will protect her.

Laito brought Cordelia to the abandoned room and eventually returns to her. She asks him is he's driven Ayato away and he assures her that he has. She is relieved and tells him that she always knew that she could rely on Laito. He asks her if she loves him more than anyone. She replies with a yes and he tells her that she never changes. She holds a bloody hand out to him and he takes it. She says that she loves him with all her heart, but as soon as she says that, Laito takes his opportunity and pushes her off of the balcony. Looking down at her, he sees her body in the rose bushes and claims she is his for eternity and then walks away.

Some time later, Kanato finds Cordelia outside, in the rose bushes, now dead. He notices there is a hole in her chest and that her heart is missing. Touching her, he asks her to wake up, but soon realizes that she really is dead. Feeling how cold she is, for now she is cold from death itself, he takes the candelabrum he had been holding and sets her body aflame. As her body burns from the fire, which grows more intense, Kanato watches her and laughs in the night as her body disintegrates and that was the last the Sakamaki brothers ever saw of Cordelia.