Chapter 24. Unbroken

Author's Note

Well, here we are guys, my final chapter of my Diabolik Lovers fanfiction. It's been one heck of an emotional ride for me in writing this. Now, I chose the title of this chapter to be the same as the name of the song I have posted above. I've listened to this song several time and I feel like this song explains Risa and how she has handled everything that was thrown at her, whether it was her illness, her emotions, or the fear she's been faced against. Anyway, I just want you guys to know, this song isn't mine at all, I just really, really like it and I felt like putting it in the final chapter as Risa's resolution of everything she's had to deal with up till now.

-----------------------------------

I awoke to hearing the sound of growling. I could not bring myself to move quite yet and my eyes were sealed shut.

"What the hell is going on here?!" Subaru's voice demanded. I opened my eyes and I slowly looked to my right. I saw the Sakamakis all facing against large wolves. Each of the wolves had glowing golden eyes and a red aura around them. I saw one of the wolves jump toward Ayato. He managed to dodge it, but just barely. As soon as it landed on the floor, it turned on him and came at him again. Only this time, I felt my body spring to life as my adrenaline surged through me. I jumped up, leaping from the couch, which knocked it over and I collided into the wolf, just before it could hurt Ayato. Yelping, the wolf slid across the ground, me on it, and I stood up, throwing it aside. The wolves all turned their attention on me. I flexed my fingers, feeling my body was stronger than I have felt in a long time. The wolves flanked me, trying to keep me from getting away, but as a couple launched at me, I easily jumped in the air, defying gravity itself. I kicked the wolves away and stopping others from biting me.

The Sakamakis joined my fight and we fended the wolves off. Eventually, they did retreat.

Everyone caught their breath and I finally lifted my eyes to meet the several shocked gazes on me.

"Risa?" Ayato called out. I looked down to my hand bending my fingers. I was still trying to figure out if this was all real or not. I felt like I was in a dream or something. But, the possibly reality of my condition hit me like bricks. I slowly brought my hand up to my mouth and, to my horror, my fingers met the sharp fangs.

I gasped fearfully, yanking my hand away.

"No..." I whispered.

"Risa?" Subaru called out to me. I looked up to him, starting to shake.

"Tell me you didn't..." I pleaded, my voice trembling. He swallowed hard and stared at me. I widened my eyes and brought my shaking hands to my face, covering my mouth, "Oh, God...Oh, no..." My shaky breaths built in pants, as I started to enter into a stage of hyperventilation.

"Risa, hey. Calm down." Subaru coaxed, appearing in front of me. I felt something touch me and I reacted quickly, my hand grabbing ahold of whatever had me, "Um...hey, Risa? Ow. That hurts." I looked up and realized I had Subaru by his wrist, gripping him tightly.

"Subaru--?" I released him quickly, backing into the wall.

I was a lot stronger, I could physically feel that, but I've never felt so much strength, it was intimidating me.

"Risa, look at me." Subaru brought his hands to my shoulders. I met his gaze and whimpered, shakily. Whether he didn't know what to say or do, he suddenly pulled me into his arms, embracing me securely. I stood in his embrace frozen, shocked and frightened, shaking and panting. But, soon, I instinctively brought my arms up and clung to him, tightly.

"Why is...my throat so dry...?" I whispered.

"Your body is need of blood. Right away." Reiji answered. I looked to him as Subaru pulled away a little, but I clung to him, as though he was my source of life or something.