Ch. 2

Sophie's POV:

Keefe followed me into Amy's house. Biana and Dex were talking to Amy, and Fitz was pacing across the room. As soon as we walked in, Fitz's head snapped towards me.

"Are you okay?" He transmitted.

"Yeah, I'm fine now." I replied and I saw Fitz nod.

"That's good, I was worried." He transmitted in a soft voice. I felt my cheeks grow hot.

"Oh." I said and then there was an awkward mental silence.

"So." Fitz said, filling my head with his voice. "My dad is explaining everything to Amy. She wouldn't stop asking and my dad figured that we would have to tell her about all of this anything. Oh, Tam and Linh are searching the house." He explained to me and I nodded.

"I don't know what to do, Fitz." I transmitted after a couple seconds of silence and rubbed my eyes.

"You'll figure it out. You always do." He said and I took a deep breath. That wasn't very helpful.

"Hey, hate to interrupt your little telepathic lovey-dovey staring thing, but Amy wants to talk to Sophie." Keefe said out loud, making me jump. Sometimes I get lost if Fitz-world.

I looked at Keefe a grabbed his hand, knowing that he would need to continuously send my waves of calmness.

I took a deep breath and walked over to Amy with Fitz and Keefe on either side of me. She looked so different. Her hair was thin and down to her shoulders. Her tan complexion, green eyes, freckles, and delicate features turned her into a beautiful young woman. I didn't know that my annoying little sister would ever grow up. Amy's figure was slim and was taller than me now. How long had it been? I was seventeen now, so that meant that Amy was 14! She was so much bigger now, and it made my heart hurt to know that I missed all of it.

Amy and I looked at each other for a few seconds before she walked up and hugged me tight. It frightened me at first, I thought she would've hated me, and now here we are. I hugged her back and let the tears roll down my face.

"I've missed you so much." I said and squeezed Amy. We pulled apart and Amy chuckled. "I didn't know it until now, but I've missed you too, bean." She said and I laughed and the silly nickname that I hated all those years, but now it felt like home.

"Sophie... Can you find mom and dad?" She asked me, her eyes were full of hurt when she said there names. I bit my lip. "We will. I know we will." I said and gave Amy a small smile and another hug.

I heard someone clear their throat and pulled back from Amy. I looked behind me and Alden was giving me a 'sorry look'.

"I hate to interrupt but we can't stay in one place for too long" He told me and I nodded.

"Alden is right" I said and looked at Amy, who seemed suspicious. "We're going to take you to our home." I said softly and grabbed her hand. She nodded and started to chew on her thumbnail, a habit she picked up, much like me and my eyelashes.

Tam and Linh made there way downstairs and walked to Alden. "It's all clear." They told him and then joined the group.

"Do we have any extra Nexuses?" I heard Fitz ask Dex.

" Um... I think so". Dex said and reached into his bag. He pulled out a old Nexus after a few seconds of searching. "It's my old one" Dex said and Fitz took it from him.

"I hope you don't mind" Dex told Amy and she looked at him in confusion. "I don't even know what that is" She said and Dex nodded.

Fitz opened the Nexus and grabbed Amy's free hand. "What do you think you're doing?" Amy yanked her hand from Fitz. Amy looked to me with fear in her eyes.

"It's okay. He's a friend. You can trust anyone in this room with your life. Promise." I told her, trying to reassure her, Amy nodded and reluctantly stuck her arm out in front of Fitz.

"I'm going to put on your Nexus now" He said told her and then clasped the metal band around her wrist.

"What is it?" Amy questioned and examined her wrist.

"Do you remember when I was telling you about light leaping?" Dex asked and Amy nodded.

"This will stabilize you so you don't fade away or get light poisoning." He explained and Biana nodded along. "I know, they're ugly, but even elf's have to wear them until we have experience leaping." She told Amy and looked at the plain metal band, probably reminiscing about the days she had to wear such an old fashion accessory.

"Ready?" Alden asked and Amy just stared atme until I managed to nod. I led her outside after Alden and the rest of my friends followed. "Here we go!"

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Hey guys! This is the updated version of this chapter! I hope you like it!

Please vote and comment!

If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to comment them or DM me with them!

Thank you so much! <3