Ch. 5

Grady's POV:

They were going to kiss, my daughter and that boy were going to kiss. I couldn't believe it.

"Sophie, explain. Now!" I exclaimed and the two teenagers jumped away from each other. " We were just playing truth or dare, dad" Sophie told me and I took a deep breath.

"That's your excuse? You were just playing truth or dare?" I asked and Sophie bit her lip, then looked to the floor. "It's not an excuse, and I didn't even kiss him". Sophie mumbled.

"You would have if I had walked in 3 seconds later!" I exclaimed and Sophie crossed her arms. " It. Was. A . Dare!" Sophie yelled back. " I'm 17, Grady. Get over it!" She added and I glared. "Do not raise your voice at me, young lady!" I yelled and Sophie rolled her eyes.

All of her friends awkwardly stared at the floor and Keefe looked ready to jump out of the window

"Whatever, what are you even doing here?" She question changing the subject. "I was coming to talk to Alden about how soon I can meet Amy and get her moved to havenfield"

Sophie's POV:

"Oh" I said. I knew Amy needed some were to stay, but I never considered HavenField. I guess that I just didn't think that Grady and Edaline would be open to it.

But the fact that Grady considered Amy family already, that meant that he cared about me and my human family.

"Thanks" I mumbled and Grady took a deep breath. He nodded at me and then looked around. "I want you all to clean up your sleeping bags and go to you separate rooms, if you you don't want to be alone, do girls in one room boys in the other" he told us and my whole friend group groaned. I just nodded and hugged Grady. "Yes sir." I told him before we split up and went to our separate rooms.

"So......That just fun to watch." Biana said once Biana, Linh, and I were in Biana's room. "Yeah, Grady is interesting, when it comes to Keefe". I responded and Linh chuckled a little. "I think that Grady is convinced that I'm like in love with Keefe or somethings." I added and Biana smirked.

"So.. do you?" Biana asked and I raised an eyebrow. "Do I what?" I asked and Linh muttered something about 'oblivious' under her breath. "Like Keefe" Biana said and I choked on just air.

"No of course not, he's my best friend." I argued and thought of Fitz. "You know I like Fitz anyways." I mumbled.

"WHAT?!" Biana yelled and Lihn smiled. I forgot Biana didn't know.

"Yeah, I have for years". I said quietly and Biana's jaw dropped. We quickly heard a knock on the bedroom door and opened it to find four shirtless guys.

"What happened?" Fitz exclaimed and my face was so red I couldn't even form a thought

"Ladies? Faces up here". Keefe said, pointing to there faces.

"I still want to know what happened." Fitz said, grabbing my attention. "Sophie told us who she-" Biana started, but I but my hand over her mouth to stop her from talking.

"Who I dated when I was in the human world ."

I lied, and gave the boys a nervous smile then looked to Linh who sighed and held the bridge of her nose. "We were gossiping. You know. Girly things. Heh." I said and Biana said something that I couldn't make out because my hand was still covering her mouth.

Keefe gave me the 'you can't lie to an empath' look and then turned to the rest of the boys. "Alright, let's go, and girls, don't dream about me too much." Keefe said and winked at us.

Linh sighed. "that won't be a problem Keefe." She said and he laughed. "What ever you say." He replied and with that, the boys went back to their room.

After me and Linh had a strict talk to Biana about screaming and telling secrets, we laid down and went to bed, well the girls did.

I couldn't sleep. All I could think about was how guilty I felt that I was having fun while my parents are somewhere probably getting tortured by the Neverseen.

I groaned and checked to make sure Biana and Linh were sleeping. Once I was sure, I got out of bed and crept through Everglen's silent halls and made my way to the kitchen. I searched through the fridge and found some purple tea that looked similar to the sleeping elixir I take before bed. I started to pour it into a small glass, but then heard a voice.

"Foster?" The voice said and I small smile came to my face.

Keefe.

I turned around to see a sleepy, still shirtless Keefe.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Hey guys! This is the updated version of this chapter! I hope you like it!

Please vote and comment!

If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to comment them or DM me with them!

Thank you so much! <3