Chapter thirty

Keefe's POV:

It's been 4 years, 4 years, since Sophie died. I don't think I've come out of my room once, I haven't spoken to anyone. Her death really shook everyone, and I mean everyone. Even people she didn't know.

4 years ago today the love of my life died. Today I'm going to go to Sophie wanderling tree. Today I was going to break my heart all over again. In three days it would be Foster's 18th Birthday.

I put some formal clothes on but I didn't do my hair, I looked like a zombie, like all my color and life had drained away, and I felt like it too.

I light leapt to the meadow and a cold tear slipped down my face as I made my way to her tree. When I got there more tears started slipping out and I just let them fall.

"Hi Foster" I said and touched the trunk, I blinked and tears poured down my face.

"I know this is stupid that I'm talking to a tree, but.. I don't care" I stated. I leaned my head on the tree and sobbed. "I miss you Foster, you don't know how much! I love you, and I think about you every day. I know you said to try to move on but I can't" I choked, and fell against the tree sobbing. "I love you too much Foster and I just- I want you to come back!" I sobbed loudly and held my knees to my chest on the ground.

"Can you just please, Sophie. Come back" I sobbed, my voice cracking. I sobbed there for a while, I leaned against the tree and cried my heart out.

"Please" i whispered/sobbed over and over again. I curled up and closed my eyes, knowing that I couldn't do anything. Foster was dead.

Suddenly a bright light flashed and it wrapped around the tree. There was a strong wind that came with it, blowing the leaves and me around. The wind was so strong and the light was so bright I could hear or see anything. I couldn't more either it was like I was stuck there.

Soon, it was all over, everything was calm. I looked around and saw a frail body that had blonde hair all the way down to her butt.

"Foster?" I asked the figure and she turned around. It was Foster! She looked taller and her cheekbones and jawline were more prominent. She looked like she just woke up, she looked almost dead.

"Keefe?" She barely manages to choke. I saw fresh tears streaming down her face.

"Sophie!" I exclaimed or yelled and ran over to her as fast as I could.

"Oh my god Sophie! It's you! It's really you!" I sobbed and hugged her as tight as I could. "Keefe! I missed you so much!" She cried and hugged me as tight as her weak body could.

"How.. What.... I don't..." I started to say but stop and just hugged her. "I love you so much Foster" I said and pressed my lips to her cold blue ones. "I love you too" she said and we just stood there, hugging and crying.

I took her back to Pretence's house where everyone was. They were holding a ceremony for her.

As soon as I walked In With Sophie, people gasped and ran over to hug her. Everyone was sobbing and confused. I had to admit I was too, but that didn't really matter. I got Sophie back.

********

It's been a couple days since Foster came back and we still haven't figured out how, we have been investigating and researching but so far came up with nothing.

We were at Sophie's house and were released from studying to take a break.

"So what do you want to do?" I asked Sophie as we walked down the hallway. "I don't know, I haven't been here in so long, I'm still taking everything in." She admittedly said. I chuckled and I grabbed her hand.

"I know how you feel" I stated and Squeezed her hand. "You look different" she told me and I smiled. "You were always handsome but know you look more, I don't know, grown up" she said and blushed. "You look beautiful" i said and she smiled, "thank you" she said and we stood there and looked at each other.

"Remember what tomorrow is?" I asked and she shook her head with a confused expression. "No" she said curiously and I laughed. "It's your 18th birthday" I told her and she gasped. "Really?" She asked excitedly and I nodded. "I can't believe you forgot" I said and she blushed again.

"Wait, if it my 18th birthday is tomorrow.... that means you turned 19 already" she decided and I nodded. "Yep, where all grown up" I said sadly.

We stared at the floor for a second and then a tear fell down Sophie's face.

"What's wrong Foster?" I asked her and she bit her lip. "It's just, I missed so much in you life and I-" she tried to say but it ended up turning into a sob. I pulled her to my chest and wrapped my arms around her. "It's okay Sophie, it's not your fault" I told her and rubbed her back.

"If I just would've tried harder, then maybe I wouldn't have died" she sobbed and I sighed. "It's not your fault Sophie! Don't say that!" I told her and she cried. "And please don't cry" I told her and she nodded but still cried.

I lifted her chin and pressed my lips to hers, she wrapped her arms around my neck and mine stayed on her waist.

And we stood there, everything was okay... we had each other.

"I love you" she whispered and I smiled, my lips still pressed on hers.

"I love you more"

_______________________________________________

I hope you guys liked this story, it has been a very big pleasure writing this for you, you guys helped me so much. Thank you.

(Stay tunes for the epilogue)