Ch. 11

Sophie's POV

We arrived at Havenfeild and Grady and Edaline were outside waiting and ran up to us.

"Oh Sophie were so sorry" Edaline said as Grady took me out of Fitz's hand's. Grady kissed my head, "It's going to be okay". I nodded.

"Come on, you need to rest". Edaline said and Grady carried me up to my room after saying goodbye to Fitz.

"I'll let you sleep in tomorrow, but you can't hibernate in your room forever, okay?" Grady said and I nodded. He put me down on my bed and I crawled under the covers.

"Goodnight, Sophie we love you." He told me and I nodded. "Goodnight mom, dad. I love you guys too." I said weakly and then closed my eyes.

I don't think the two even left my room before my mind drifted off to sleep.

***********************************************************************************************

I woke up and shielded my eyes, it was so bright but the light wasn't even on, and the curtains were wide open.

"Guess I didn't close them open last night". I muttered. What time is it? I looked at my iPod.

"2 o'clock!"

I set my iPod back on the table, and flopped onto my pillow. "Ugh". I didn't want to get up but I also couldn't go back to sleep. I need sleep.

"Mom!" I yelled, she could give me some slumberberry tea.

A few seconds later the door opened and it wasn't Edaline.

"Jolie."

"Hi, Sophie." She smiled and walked over to hug me and hugged me.

"I'm so sorry". She said quickly and looked at the floor. "I know you love him, I could tell". She said quietly and I smiled a little before looking up at her face. "Why did you stick up for Keefe?" I asked, she looked at me.

"Because, I knew knew you were mom and dad's daughter, I had seen you around before. I already cause mom and dad so much pain and I didn't want to just let you get hurt too. I had to do something". She explained and grabbed my hand.

"Thank you." She gave me a small smile.

"I thought you were dead." I stated

"I was." She stated. "I was dead. but somehow I came back to life. It was like I was stuck in my mind and one day a couple weeks, I just found my way out. I've been hiding out until I found the right time to come back" She explained and I nodded.

"That's crazy." I said and Jolie nodded.

"Yeah, and I know I haven't been here, but I am now. We're family, you're my sister which means you can talk to me about anything, no matter what. Okay?" She asked.

"I will, thank you. I told her then she raised an eyebrow.

"I heard you have another sister." She said and I nodded. I had almost forgotten everything that was going on with Amy.

"Yeah, her name is Amy. She was born to my human family. She's at Everglen while we get her room set up."

"I can't wait to meet her." Jolie said. "But in the meantime, do you want to come downstairs?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Breakfast...... Or lunch?" She offered, I shook my head again.

"Thanks, but I don't feel like eating." I said.

"Okay..." She paused.

"Sophie, I know what it's like to lose someone, to lose everything. My room is right down the hall when you feel like talking." She said and then stood up from my bed.