II

The Mission and Its Surprises (Part One)

  You let out a yawn, as you poured boiling hot water into a cup of instant ramen. It's the only thing you really eat, no one ever taught you how to cook. With another yawn, you grabbed a pair of chopsticks, grabbed your instant ramen. Walking outside to sit on the front step of your apartment, in nothing but an over-sized t-shirt. It was still dark outside, the stars and moon still out, you watched them as your ramen cooked.

  You were searching for constellations to keep you awake so you wouldn't oversleep and be late for the mission. "Someone's up early." A voice said breaking the beautiful silence of the night. You look up to see Kakashi on your roof looking down at you. With a 'whoosh' he appeared in front of you, in your worst state. Your hair mangy, your eyes droopy, not only did you have morning breath, but you were about to put an unreasonably large amount of ramen in your mouth. "You know, a real lady never sits with her legs open like that."

A blush spread across your face as you snapped your legs closed, "Of course you know that, Kakashi-sensei, only a pervert would notice such things. I bet you came over at this time of night just so we can reenact the part in Icha Icha Paradise where Suki and Yakka make love by the moonlit lake." You retorted.

"No," he said calmly and gave you a hard tap to the head with his knuckles. "I came here to wake you up for the mission, I don't want anyone to be late."

"I know you of all people aren't worried about time management, you're always on schedule." You teased earning you another tap. "Ouch! Okay, I think I feel a bump growing." You rubbed the top of your head.

"It will do you some good, you shouldn't tease adults like that," Kakashi said with a flash he disappeared before your eyes. "and its Sokka and Yuuki. Not Suki and Yakka." He whispered in your ear, sending chills up your spine before with another 'whoosh' he was gone again.

♡♡♡

   "Hey, look, there's (Y/N)! Now we just gotta wait on Kakashi-sensei!" Sakura practically yelled as you approached the gate.

   Naruto let out a groan, "That means we're never gonna leave! That guy somehow manages to be late even when he wakes us up early!" The blonde knucklehead rambled on as you took a seat by Sasuke, and an old woman you assumed was the artist under a tree.

  "What do you think his excuse will be this time?" The black-hair boy asked as you took your seat next to him.

  "What's today? A Wednesday? He'll go for the classic, 'I saw a black cat on my way, and took another route.' It's always used on Wednesdays."

  Sasuke smirked, which you rarely got from the guy, "I think it's gonna be the 'An old woman with heavy bags ask me for directions. And I just walked with her and carried her bags." You laughed gaining a glare from Sakura. But lucky for you, the conversation had ended leading her to mind her own business.

  "If so, he's helping the wrong old woman," you mumbled under your breath causing Sasuke to crack another smile.

"There you are Kakashi-Sensei! You're late again!" Naruto yelled as the silver-haired man came into view.

"You see I was on my way over here when a black cat crossed my path, and I decided to take another route because I didn't want us to be cursed on the mission." He said scratching the back of his head.

You got up and nudged Sasuke, "I should have put money on it." You whispered gaining a pair of rolling eyes from him.

"Took you long enough." The old woman spoke as she slowing got up from her seat under the tree. "I'd thought I'd have to complain to Tsunade about your... incompetence." You analyzed the woman, she wore a long white cloak and hood. Her face was tan with spots and wrinkled much like how Lord Third looked before his death but you know more womanly. She had on what seemed to be 15 layers purple eye shadow followed with 8 layers of red lipstick. Just the sight of her made you cringe.