VII

Sasuke's Deal

The two of you sat their in a staring contest, your (E/C) locked with his onyx ones. You could feel your sanity slowly disappearing as you stared into his lifeless eyes. 'How the hell can someone keep a straight face for that long?' You thought to yourself as beads of sweat formed on your forehead. You watched as his right eyebrow slowly rose up, he knew you were about to break and he was taunting you.

"Fine! You win Sasuke!" You shouted throwing your hands in the air followed by a loud exaggerated sigh of relief. You slid awkwardly into your chair, "Me and Kakashi-Sensei are... dating." You took a dramatic pause so Sasuke could take in the information but he just sat there with no emotion as usual.

'This bastard could at least give me some kind of reaction...' You thought as you stared back at him frustrated.

"I know what me and Kakashi are doing is wrong bu-"

"(Y/N) I don't really care." Sasuke said as he crossed his arms around his chest. "Look, I want to make a deal with you, about our secrets. Out of all of the unbearable people here in The Leaf I find you one of the least annoying, so I trust you."

You looked him confused, "Uhhhm, thanks?"

"Look, we both know that if I want to get revenge I'm going to have to leave the village eventually." He paused and started to stare at Naruto, "I might have to go to Orochimaru."

"Orochimaru?!?" You echoed loudly then checked on Naruto who was unbothered, just in a different strange sleeping position.

"He's the one who gave me this," Sasuke pulled at the collar of his shirt to reveal his curse mark. "And I'm going to need its power if I want to kill my brother."

  "Why can't you stay? I'm sure Kakashi or Jiraiya will teach you something to fight Itachi." Your voiced got a bit louder. "I don't think Orochimaru is the best choice, he's just gonna use you."

"I know but this is what I need to do to gain power. I need to protect him." Sasuke's voice got a bit louder too.

   "From what?"

  "Everyone. Orochimaru, my brother and anyone else who tries to hurt him." He was yelling. Naruto groaned in the background.

  He cleared his throat then looked at you, "Look. I have to leave. And while I'm gone I want you to watch over Naruto as much as you can, don't let him worry about me, I need him to get as strong as I'm going to be so if and when we have to fight I won't hurt him. Take him out to eat, just hang out, never let him get too depressed. His eyes shine when he's happy, keep them that way."

   You understood every word, your heart was moved. You would have never guess that the cold and dark Sasuke Uchiha out of all people would have a soft spot for the bright and warm Naruto Uzumaki. They were complete opposites like sun and moon, summer and winter, white and black, yet they were so close to one another, they were in love. It was cute.

'So would it be Narusasu or Sasunaru?'

"Hey, are you still listening?" Sasuke said snapping you out of your thoughts. You nodded instantly and he continued, "As for while I'm here, you act like we never had this conversation, you never knew I planned on leaving. Don't tell anybody, not Kakashi, not Sakura, not Tsunade and obviously not Naruto, or else I'll tell about you and Kakashi, understand?"

You nodded slowly as you realized how serious he was. "Alright then, we'll be on our way." You watched as Sasuke went over to Naruto. He nudged Naruto attempting to wake him up, but he just squirmed in place. With a sigh Sasuke bent over and picked Naruto up, wrapping his legs around his waist and Naruto's head on his chest. Naruto snuggled against him and smiled. The two of them slowly made their way to the door. You held it opened for them and watched them disappear into the night.