Chapter 13

"There are hunters out there, wanting to kill you. You need to know how to defend yourself," mom said, circling me.

"We've been doing this all morning," I complained.

"Concentrate," she snapped.

"Sorry," I murmured.

"Remember you need to feel the earth beneath you, the sky above you. You need to connect yourself with nature, it will help you in a fight," she told me. I did as she said to. I closed my eyes, I wriggled my bare feet in the grass ground. I outstretched my senses.

I can hear the birds, the wind in the trees, the sound of mom's footsteps against the ground as she circled. I can smell the pollin from the flowers, the pine trees, the dew on the grass and what mom have told me is the smell of small animals amongst the trees and bush. I can feel the grass, the ground, the air against me.

As moments passed, it grew stronger. I gasped.

"I can smell everything, I can feel everything, I can hear everything," I whispered. Then I heard mom's footsteps approaching me fast from behind me. The before I knew what I was doing when she was close enough I flipped her over my shoulder. I opend my eyes in amazement. She is laying on the ground with a smile on her face. She stood up.

"Very good, your learing," she complemented. I smiled. "We can stop now, we've fought enough for today."

"Yes," I sighed in relief and fell onto the grassy ground. She laughed. I felt a buzzing in my sweater pocket. I pulled out my phone to see who it is. It's a text from Adrian.

Adrian: Hey what are you doing?

Me: laying in the grass

Adrian: okay, one question, why are you lying in the grass?

I rolled my eyes.

Me: because I want to. What do you want?

Adrian: okay fine right to the point. You want to hang out? Get some ice cream or somthing?

My eyes widened in surprise, did he just ask me out on a date?

"Who is it?" Mom asked.

"Just a friend wants to know if he wants to hang out with me," I told her with a shrug. She smiled.

"Go have fun," she told me.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Of course I'm sure, your still a tenager, you need to have fun," she assured me.

"Okay, thanks," I thanked her and stood up. I hugged her. "Bye."

"Good bye my daughter," she said back. I turned away from her and started to walk back through the forest to the street. As I walked down the street I texted Adrian.

Me: yeah sure, I'm walking over now

Adrian: sounds good, I'll see you then ;)

I rolled my eyes at the winky face. Soon I walked up to Adrian's door, making sure to knock this time. I do not need a gun punted at my head again. I heard footsteps followed by Adrian opening the door. He's wearing jeans, a black shirt and a jacket.

"Hey that was fast, come on in," he said and moved out of my way.

"Thanks," I said and stepped in. I felt him pull something from my hair. I turned around to see what he pulled out, leaves and sticks.

"What where you up to?" He asked, amused.

"I ran through the forest to get here," I half lied. Technically I was in the forest. He shrugged. I want to take off my shoes.

"Don't bother taking off your shoes, we're going out," he told me. I nodded and stoped. "Come on." I followed him out the door. I followed him to a black car, I don't know what kind it is. I'm not to good with cars.

"You can drive?" I asked surprised.

"Course, can't you?" He asked.

"I keep failing at my drivers test," I admitted. He laughed. He opened up the passengers side door. I got in and nodded my thanks. He got in the drivers seat and started it up. I put on my seat belt, as much as I don't want to admit it, safety first. He started to drive. "So where we going?"

"It's a surprise," he stated. I groaned.

"I hate surprises!" I complained. He just grinned. I snorted.

********************************

He pulled up to a gun store building and parked.

"Why are we at the gun store?" I asked, confused.

"Well since you know that I belong in a gang, there's no harm in teaching you how to shoot a gun," he said and got out of the car. I got out as well.

"But you said that we where going to go get some ice cream or something," I whined.

"We can get some ice cream after," he promised.

"Okay, I'm fine with that," I agreed and walked faster to catch up with him. I followed him into the building. I was met with a normal looking gun store, there are guns and bullet packets on display. A man from behind the front so unter grinned at Adrian.

"Back again. You come to get some more silver bullets?" The man asked and started to rummage through the desk draws. Silver bullets? What could he use those for?

"Um no, I came to use the gun range," Adrian said.

"Okay, just walk on in," he said. Adrian took my hand and lead me through the shop and into the back room.

It's looked like a regular gun range with the head phones hanging up, ready for use and fake targets. Adrian handed me a gun. He started to go through all of the rules and stuff.

"Okay, take a shot," he told me. I put on a pair of head phones and took a step up to face the target. I pointed the gun, aimed and pulled the trigger...... and it kinda hit the wall on the other side of the room. He face palmed himself.

"Um.... opps," I apologized and smiled inecently.

An: sorry if the gun range isn't accurately described, I haven't been to one before